Sirius running through AUX sound only in left speakers

Trey169

I just installed Sirius Sportster 5 and hooked it up via my AUX. When it plays, it only goes through my left speakers, nothing out the rights. Is this a problem with my AUX or is there a setting on the Sportster 5 that I need to change? Sound using FM and CD plays out all speakers

I was screwing around with the 3.5mm cable that I plugged into the AUX jack in the center console and if I pull it slightly out I can hear the music through all speakers. Still wondering if it is the cable or the Aux jack and how to fix it

It should be a bad jack. The one of the metal plates inside the jack was not assembled properly.

I agree with SportsOwner actually.
I would have tried a different cable first, but based on my past experiences (from many MP3 players), it should be the jack.
So, there is no conflict.

I let you know what happens when I go buy another cable today. I sure hope its not the jack, i hate dealing with the Mazda dealership in my area...

It was the crappy cable bought from Radio Shack...bought a new one from Best Buy, spent 3 times the amount, but it works.

I was pretty sure it was the cable. You probably could have bought the exact same one again and it would have worked fine, though. Conversely, you could have just as easily got a bad one at 3 times the price at Best Buy.

Price doesn't guarantee quality. Those flashy high end AV cables are made the same way internally.

I actually did go back to Radio Shack and bought another cable from them..this time, no sound came through at all. That is when I decided to see if the hype of a higher end gold plated cable would work...it did...either way I spent $10 more than the Radio Shack cable, but it works.

Just a better solder connection. Gold is a gimmick to raise the price of cables. Nickel plating works just as well for signal transfer. Gold is only better in corrosive environments, like cars, or outdoors, because it doesn't oxidize and corrode.

I figured that, but am glad it worked all the same! Funny how I got 2 bad nickel plated from R. Shack....glad I stuck with your advice and kept trying for another cable.

Back