Since You Asked! Running 9-10psi boost w/Joe P XZ MBC, my gas mileage...

Re: Re: Yes

Notorious said:

Gas here is like 1.90 per gallon for premium. And this is the lowest we seen pretty much this year.

No kidding, $1.82 in Bremerton for Chevron Superduper. But then again, the YaYa man lives in TX. Probably related to Dubbya :D

Re: here's how you check GAS mileage...

AGR#7 said:
I always divide like this when I fill up.

(how many gallons the tank took) 11.982 into 280 (the miles on the trip odometer at fill up time). This is 23.37 mpg, but this is just an example.

I always reset trip odometer B when I fill up. I reference this one for mileage checks.

divide the distance you have gone and how much gas it takes to fill up that is the average mpg... just like AGR#7 stated...

Re: your tank size doesn't matter..

AGR#7 said:
my tank size doesnt matter?? well,, I believe it does.. if I had a 2 gallon tank,, and got 280 miles on one tank,, that would be 140 mpg... so I think tank size does matter.. im just saying.. when I fill up my tank,, drive till my gas light comes on,, I will have about 280 miles...

no...not if you use this formula....

I always divide like this when I fill up.

(how many gallons the tank took) 11.982 into 280 (the miles on the trip odometer at fill up time). This is 23.37 mpg, but this is just an example.

I always reset trip odometer B when I fill up. I reference this one for mileage checks.

Right around 26-27 mpg for me. I usually get on it in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear. Lots of highway driving. Have the joe p at 10psi. Travel like 200 miles a day (its my rolling office).

yashooa said:
I am serious. I have to drive 42 miles to work every day.
I do get on it now and then but I have a feeling I will
give it more gas after the mods. At least until the novelty wears off or the gas bill makes me cry @ 1.46$ a gallon for Super.

I'm getting 29-30MPG consistantly. My daily work drive is also 40 miles, half freeway, half city streets. Running Chevron premium.

Gas was a big factor for me. I got really crappy, ie: 20-23mpg when using other brands of gas.

I don't really pay much attention as to what RPM I'm shifting at. I tend to "shift" as traffic conditions dictate..Generally take it easy off the line unless the typical beat-to-s*** little Civic driving refugee pulls up next to me and decides he has something to prove. :)

-lyserjic

I think you guys are missing AGR's point with the math (unless I'm missunderstanding also). The amount he puts in at the pump gives him an accurate consumption total. Take the total mileage divided by what was actually put in at the pump and you have your MPG. The actual tank size has nothing to do with calculating MPG unless you are completely topped off and run the car completely dry.

Last edited:
yeah you can't go by how big your tank is unless you run it dry, in my grand am i could get around 30 or so miles after my fuel light came on. u need to fill up. set your mileage meter to 0 then drive. when you refuel again, see how many miles you went and see how many gallons you need to fill the tank back up and divide the two together.

Here's a little math lesson on how to calculate mileage rate.

1. Take note of how many miles you have driven on this 1 tank of gas. for example, 100 miles.

2. Fill up the tank completely and make a note of how many gallons or liters (for those metric ppl up north). 10 gallons

3. Divide the mileage by the gallons/liters and bamn = mileage per gallon/liter. 100miles/10gallons = 10 miles/gallon

It's that simple. Don't question how that come about, b/c I don't think you can handle the "real" math proof.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
For the ppl that can actually do algebra.

Distance/Volume of the tank = mile/gallon or km/liters

Now about the issue of what # to use for the volume of the tank. Use your common sense, if you use completely the 14.5 gallons that is available to our MSP, then your car would die precisely at the pump without you turning off the ignition. Why? Because the engine has used up all the gas. Now, I presumed you're a good driver and don't do that, cuz as a MSP owner u know at least basic rules of taking care of a car (crossing my fingers). Therefore, you don't use the complete 14.5 gallons of fuel, you use less than that. The fuel warning light comes on before you run out of fuel, that's why it's a warning light to let u know hey driver I'm running low and I'm gonna die on you if you don't fill me up.

Another way to prove that you don't divide the whole tank is fill your car up and look at the volume of fuel you pump in. This is the amount of fuel you use since the last time you fill up. Now if it's 1 gallon, would you still divide the mileage you drove with the whole whooping 14.5 gallons to get a dismal say 1.5 miles/gallon(22/14.5)? No, so this proves your logic wrong. I hope you understand this.

Petrol

jonnydoe48 said:
1.46? lucky, i was happy when i payed 1.89 premium, now it shot back up to 2.00 haha.

The Grocery stores around here also have gas stations in their parking lots. They seem to have it out for the regular gas vendors.
They undercut the stations by about 15-20 cents a gallon.
Right now the cheapest I have found it is at H.E.B. grocery in Cleburne 1.46 a gallon for Super Unleaded 93 octane.

so anyone know when will our gas light come on? w/ 2.5 gallons of gas in the car? coz i saw my light on before and filled only up to 11.7....

Re: s***

yashooa said:
I have averaged as high as 36 MPG!
I do drive like Grandma. 1st,3rd,5th all under 3k before I shift.
I drive 100 miles a day so I make my gas last.
I have extracted 437 miles from 12 gallons.
I dont anticipate a large drop in fuel economy after the boost is raised becuase I will be out of it most of the time with the same shift pattern and highway driving habits.
Now if I gets dem happy feets? Well that's another story.

Holy s*** man- what, you have a 90mph tail wind the whole time or something????? I got 26 the whole way to FL and my fiancee got 29 when she was driving.. I also never shift below 5, I don't think :).
Joe

Re: Yes

yashooa said:
I am serious. I have to drive 42 miles to work every day.
I do get on it now and then but I have a feeling I will
give it more gas after the mods. At least until the novelty wears off or the gas bill makes me cry @ 1.46$ a gallon for Super.

Again, you are one lucky bastard- it is like $1.80 (sometimes more) for me :(.
Joe

Back