Since You Asked! Running 9-10psi boost w/Joe P XZ MBC, my gas mileage...

A

AGR

...for this past week was 23.08 mpg. I filled the tank up last Saturday morning right before MemphisRacer (Corey), and I installed the MBC. Needless to say; I have been driving pretty hard all week. I have had a few peeks over 10psi, as well.

Not that this makes any difference; I had the HSM Axle-back exhaust installed on Monday. All week's been Christmas, folks!

Up until about 6,000 miles, I was averaging about 22.5-23 mpg; then I started averaging around 25.5 mpg. Currently my MAZDASPEED has 7,500 miles. I always drive it about the same - no different, with the exception of this week. Ha! I'm happy with the mileage. 23.08 mpg isn't too bad.

Oh; and this is very little highway driving.

Yowch - I routinely get 26-28 mpg...

....but you're enthusiasm sold me on the JoeP MBC - its on the way.

(yippy)

WOOT I may not have the same power, but I get the same gas mileage :D
23ish, 32 when driving like a grandma....Course sad thing is a grandma could pass me lol

Anyone seen Office Space where in the opening a old man is passing the lead characters car (Peter). Well that is the life of a P5 :(

25.5 mpg is the best I have seen in my MAZDASPEED

:D I can be happy, and live with 23 mpg, however.

Around 280 miles on this tank...

....when I filled up this morning.

Hey Mike! Where's Funkytown?

That's a catchy phrase......The Dirty rain.....

I always divide like this when I fill up.

(how many gallons the tank took) 11.982 into 280 (the miles on the trip odometer at fill up time). This is 23.37 mpg, but this is just an example.

I always reset trip odometer B when I fill up. I reference this one for mileage checks.

s***

I have averaged as high as 36 MPG!
I do drive like Grandma. 1st,3rd,5th all under 3k before I shift.
I drive 100 miles a day so I make my gas last.
I have extracted 437 miles from 12 gallons.
I dont anticipate a large drop in fuel economy after the boost is raised becuase I will be out of it most of the time with the same shift pattern and highway driving habits.
Now if I gets dem happy feets? Well that's another story.

Last edited:
s*** Fire!

You cannot be serious! I hit 6,700 rpm this morning from a stop sign in 1st gear! (omg) It's a ******' Beast, I tell you! A Beast!! And; with that new exhaust - WOW!!!

(chair)

WTF!?!?! damnit.. amI doing somthing wrong?? when I go through half a tank, I have about 140 miles.... thats 280 per tank.. what the hell? thats like,, not even 20 mpg.. I VERY RARLY race... I usually shift at like 4500... not much if any highway driving.. mostly stop and go.. but still.. 20mpg is horrrible...

our gas tank is a little over 14 gallons right?

Yes

I am serious. I have to drive 42 miles to work every day.
I do get on it now and then but I have a feeling I will
give it more gas after the mods. At least until the novelty wears off or the gas bill makes me cry @ 1.46$ a gallon for Super.

Re: s*** Fire!

AGR#7 said:
You cannot be serious! I hit 6,700 rpm this morning from a stop sign in 1st gear! (omg) It's a ******' Beast, I tell you! A Beast!! And; with that new exhaust - WOW!!!

(chair)

Greg stop typing with one hand.
:eek:

i think we have a 14.5 gallon tank well one time I happened to put in 13.8 gallons. I average b/t 26-29 mpg...

SuperSpud said:
WTF!?!?! damnit.. amI doing somthing wrong?? when I go through half a tank, I have about 140 miles.... thats 280 per tank.. what the hell? thats like,, not even 20 mpg.. I VERY RARLY race... I usually shift at like 4500... not much if any highway driving.. mostly stop and go.. but still.. 20mpg is horrrible...

our gas tank is a little over 14 gallons right?

no,,,,,no.........no......: 280 miles on a tank is about 23+ mpg.

here's how you check GAS mileage...

I always divide like this when I fill up.

(how many gallons the tank took) 11.982 into 280 (the miles on the trip odometer at fill up time). This is 23.37 mpg, but this is just an example.

I always reset trip odometer B when I fill up. I reference this one for mileage checks.

Re: Yes

yashooa said:
I am serious. I have to drive 42 miles to work every day.
I do get on it now and then but I have a feeling I will
give it more gas after the mods. At least until the novelty wears off or the gas bill makes me cry @ 1.46$ a gallon for Super.

Gas here is like 1.90 per gallon for premium. And this is the lowest we seen pretty much this year.

Back