Show me your CX-5 wheels

Where are you rubbing? Is it the fender liner, fender itself, or something else?

The fender liner, very slightly, but i'm also lowered**, otherwise it should not rub. I've had the wheels for about 19000 miles and the rub spot is very minimal, most certainly not anything to worry about (again, I rarely ever full deflect the wheel).

19x7.5 PIAAs with 245/50-19, 42ET. Wheels weigh 21.5lbs. ea., nice polished deep dish lip, Hyper-black colored (which are like shiny gun-metal) and, best of all, made in Japan.

What more can I ask for? Springs - not lowered yet :-(

cx-5_side.jpg

Last edited:
mud flaps wont do anything for wider tires.....due to the front mud flaps being flush to the side of the Cx-5 and basically useless.

Wow, that looks really good. Do those wheel have a better offset than the stock wheels? Meaning do they sit more flush with the fenders?

Wow, that looks really good. Do those wheel have a better offset than the stock wheels? Meaning do they sit more flush with the fenders?

Thank you sir. The stock, I believe, have an offset of +50 versus these wheels with +45. It's hard for me to really tell a difference. I was running the stock 17" before the switch.

The factory front mud flaps that I have seen for the cx-5 do not stick out any wider than the side of the vehicle......do you have different aftermarket ones? If so please let me know because I would be interested.

Yeah I have different ones.

IMG_0753.jpg

You can get them on ebay. They are called rokblokz. Real high quality stuff.

I like the colour of those Mazda6 wheels. Subtle difference from stock.

Yup, that's hypersilver, which is what they should have made the CX-5 wheels in the first place. Don't get me wrong, the bright silver CX-5 wheels look good too, but hypersilver just has that nice tint to it that gives it depth and extra gloss.

Yup, that's hypersilver, which is what they should have made the CX-5 wheels in the first place. Don't get me wrong, the bright silver CX-5 wheels look good too, but hypersilver just has that nice tint to it that gives it depth and extra gloss.

I firmly believe the stock wheels are the one area where Mazda dropped the ball on the CX-5. I mean, good place to screw up because it's easy to fix, but so many OEM wheels for other Mazda vehicles from the last few years look better on the CX-5 than what it's sold with.. I just don't get it. Maybe it is just the colour for me, because both the 17 and 19 look a lot more appealing when they're a little (or a lot) darker. I'm not a fan of black wheels, but almost anything in between that and the stock colour just seems to fit the car better.

South.paw > Looks HOT! Did you buy those Mazda6 wheels used or from the dealer? I've been wanted to do this to my CX-5 since I first saw the hyper silver GT 6 wheels.

Another consideration is the upcoming 2014 Mazda3 GT wheels in 18". I'm sure there will be a lot more used for sale from the Mazda3 owners than Mazda6 owners.

Back