Show Me Where You Put Your Front License Plate!

Laser Blue

:
'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege / Laser Blue Mica
Today, I got stopped by the police for the second time (I got a warning last time) for not having my front license plate mounted on the front of my car. (I've had it inside in the right lower corner of my windshield, kinda wedged in the dash). The cop gave me a citation, but it will be excused if I show up within 10 days to show that I've corrected the problem.

I really don't want to mount the plate in the stock location, cuz I've got one of those bumpers where the holes haven't been drilled out yet.

I can't make up my mind where to put it,(uhm) so please post up pics showing me where and how you mounted your front plate.

im in the same boat man, must be a laser blue thing. my front bumper also has no holes drilled for a license plate, so mine just sits on the passanger floorboard. ive had no troubles with cops, the law here is that you must just have the front one with you in the car.

i cant remember who did it but i remember someone put it right in front of the left fog light hole. kinda like the evo's do it. but lower. he made his own thing to hold it and it looked pretty good

Move to a state that doesn't have it up there? Lol but you could always do a angled bracket a little lower then the stock location.

Me 3... lol. But can't afford the tickets.... damn small college towns! So help me out here!

mine is zip tied to the lower grille on the right side, no tickets, easy off and easy on for washing the car

I wonder if this thing would fit:
evo-x-fr-lic-br-b.jpg

I have mine bent to just the numbers show and it fits right in between the upper and lowe grill. I just didn't want it blocking the FMIC.

most drivers here in TX have them mounted on the front bumper of their cars, But, the "tuners" or whatever you want to call them all have theirs in their windshields also...where mine is, in the upper right corner, at wierd angles in the upper and mid right side of the windshield(trying to look cool) and right in front of the rearview mirror. Nobody gets pulled for it.

trimmed down the plate + angled bracket. keeps it somewhat flush with the lines of the car, holds the grill on better and somewhat directs airflow to the fmic

19667_285731926286_500746286_5057831_1199056_n.jpg

I built my own bracket to go in the pass side fog light opening. Just punched a hole through the metal that's behind the fog opening, secured about a 12" piece of 1/2" threaded rod stock in the hole, then hacked up a bracket to go on the end. If you look closely you can tell the construction is a bit crude, but from a couple paces it looks perfectly fine.

Well Maryland is ignorant too! I got 3 front tag tickets in the past week and I just zip tied it in front of the fmic. I was worried about overheating but havent had any problems. It does have full length radiator w/ two fans... Please someone do an actual writeup to show me where to put this tag not blocking the fmic and that still looks somewhat decent. I am tempted to drill two holes and hold tag w/ nuts and bolts in lower tag holes below driver side grill piece. I dont know how sturdy it would be and also it would leave two holes in front bumper that I do not want.

I got pulled over by the cops in Tigard at Washington Sq. last year for not having a front plate too. Mine was in my trunk and I just said that the screws were stripped when someone tried to pull off my front plate haha, but I have it on now because I was in downtown and got a ticket for no front plate while parked. F U city of Portland

Back