Should LTFT be this high with Cobb SRI?

With no other changes than the modified factory airbox:
-3.9 Idle
-1.6 Constant speed
0.0 moderate acceleration
-0.8 heavy acceleration

These are pretty much spot on to my MS CAI running as a SRI - with the air straightener.

All this talk definitely has me wanting to get a DashHawk so I can do some logging...

I replaced my BEGi Airbox with a Cobb SRI because of concern over fuel trims, and now it looks like that might've been a mistake. I still have the BEGi unit, and am thinking about buying an airflow straightener so I can do some comparisons between BEGi, Cobb, and BEGi with the airflow straightener.

Perhaps I need to bite the bullet and buy a DH before abandoning yet another intake in favor of the Nano...

its a very valuable tool and with everyone's cars that were going under, I figured it would safe to monitor even a basically stock care just to be safe.

me to dale, they were supposed to send me the dimensions of the intake, which I suspect are off, but Chris never got back to me.

cobb doesint have time to deal with dinky little turd mods like a test pipe lol

They already have enough on their hands as it is.

I think everyone is getting too paranoid about LTFT`s ... it just shows that the ECU is doing it`s job to keep AFR`s at where they should be. One of the reasons fuel trim adjustment even came into being is because O2 sensors (and other sensors) age over time and are not as effective as when new ... the trims compensate for these changes so you don`t have to buy new sensors very often.

When the LTFT`s get out of hand, you`ll get a CEL - that`s when you should worry.

Having said that, never load up your car after an ecu reset (like when battery is disconnected) to give the car time to learn the new trims.

Did anybody ever figure out why this was doing it? Was the air straightener in right?

Update. My trims are staring to move to sane levels! It's great. I recently installed an ETS 3.25" TMIC, Denso ITV22 step colder plugs, and added two shims to the blue spring on my Forge valve.

I did some WOT logs (starting in 4th gear at 3000rpm) to show someone in another forum, and I noticed my LTFT's starting looking a lot better!

At this point I'm idling no higher than +3.9, Cruise is around +3.1, Moderate gas puts it around +5.8, and hard throttle/WOT puts it around +11 to +13.

These trims aren't perfect, but they're a hell of a lot better than what I had. I'm not sure if my recent mods helped or just the warmer weather I've been driving in, but I'm one happy camper right now! My knock retard warning on the DH has been missing in action as well! (knocks on wood)

I monitored mine on the way home. At WOT my LTFT was 11.7. My mods are the BEGi cool air box and Forge BPV with the blue spring and one shim. I would have to go back and review the log to get the LTFT's at cruising speed and idle.

Update. My trims are staring to move to sane levels! It's great. I recently installed an ETS 3.25" TMIC, Denso ITV22 step colder plugs, and added two shims to the blue spring on my Forge valve.

I did some WOT logs (starting in 4th gear at 3000rpm) to show someone in another forum, and I noticed my LTFT's starting looking a lot better!

At this point I'm idling no higher than +3.9, Cruise is around +3.1, Moderate gas puts it around +5.8, and hard throttle/WOT puts it around +11 to +13.

These trims aren't perfect, but they're a hell of a lot better than what I had. I'm not sure if my recent mods helped or just the warmer weather I've been driving in, but I'm one happy camper right now! My knock retard warning on the DH has been missing in action as well! (knocks on wood)

My LTFT's are almost at 0 when idle now :)

The other day mine went as far as -3.9% at idle. Now they're back at +6.2 at idle. I know the weather affects these things considering I haven't changed anything. I'm not going to sweat any of this anymore unless I get a CEL which won't happen unless they hit over 20%

Bringing this thread up from the dead for sure!!!

Picked up a new Cobb SRI. LTFT's are +14 or higher. Definitely a ton higher than the MSCAI I had previously installed. Also, noticing a slight hesitation at constant rpm/throttle (ie highway). I checked clamps, but what else can I check?

i have a CAI setup before (injen). it never got below -4.7 and above 0.0, which is my LTFT at WOT also. now i'm running a nano and the first time i put it on i had around +11 to +15, then settled to +7, then +5.5 (all at idle). even after 500+ miles, my LTFT at idle stayed at around +5.5 and never get 0.0 at WOT.

recently, i changed my filter to an 8" aem dryflow filter. u have to modify it a bit to make it fit. and right now my LTFT's don't go above +3.1 but i see +0.8, 0.0 (WOT), and -0.8 more often than +3.1.

not sure if the filter has anything to do with it, the weather, or maybe the ecu has "fully" learned the trims.

Back