should i install VTCS back in?

SoonP5ismine

Contributor
:
2003.5 MP5 Laser Blue Automatic (SOLD)
Ok. After over 3 years of driving without VICS & VTCS i finally was given a complete intake with both in there and lucky for me the VICS in this intake has been redesigned so the screwes nolonger fly out as the recall most of us know about. So i read on this forum that VTCS is only used for reducing emissions during cold starts but having it installed also hinders performance a little. Knowing that my car was fine without it for over 3 years i think i will leave it out unless somone can advise me not to do it. Thanks for everyones input on this.

i removed my vtcs. i love the results in top end but my idle is FCKED! never wants to stay at one rpm. might be because i have cams but before i removed the vtcs my idle stayed steady at round 650-700 but now it will stay and one spot then drop, then go back to the idle then yeah. it just doesnt want to settle

i removed my vtcs. i love the results in top end but my idle is FCKED! never wants to stay at one rpm. might be because i have cams but before i removed the vtcs my idle stayed steady at round 650-700 but now it will stay and one spot then drop, then go back to the idle then yeah. it just doesnt want to settle

Could be the cams or an intake leak. Have you checked your intake with carb cleaner or and unlit propane torch? I've heard they like to leak from the bottom but I don't know. What cams are you running?

sport23- nah i dont have any leaks in my intake, i running k&n cai and i my cams are corksport power series exhaust cam and j-spec intake cam

pfunk-i no more vacuum leaks. i think i gunna clean my iac and maf sensor and see if it helps at all.

ok guys thanks for your input. I will leave the vtcs out which means i have a set of vtcs butterflies if anyone needs them i also can spare 2 vics ones as i have a complete set of the ones in the intake that someone gave me and i also have 3 good ones from my original set but i will be able to give 2 to anyone who may need them. locally or if anyone needs them shipped you can pay for shipping and i can do that too. i know i was waiting 3 years for someone to offer me vics but noone did so to give back to the community i can spare 2 of my 3 good ones. i even have screws for them too.

Back