Should I have gone with the 35%???

:
MSP & MS3
So I'm standing there while the tint guy tells me "50% is legal... anything else and you're taking a chance" then looks at my (orange) car and says... "a BIG chance!" in his jamaican accent no less!

So after about 10 minutes of deliberation... I ended up going with the 50% (getting pulled over sucks!!) since I drive so much, look PR and have a license plate that says [CHICO] I could live without the hassle....

As good as the tints look... the guy really DID a great job/paid $160 with tax/I do wish they were a little darker... 35% would have probably been perfect. But again, I'd be taking that chance. Everywhere I drive I'd be repeating the phrase "dont' pull me over" over and over again. stress sucks!

I live in CT... that's the law around here. What do you guys think? Did I puss out? Should i have taken the chance? It's almost pointless to spend money on tints unless they dramatically improve the car's look. My ride definitely looks better... but to say it's a dramatic improvement? not sure!

For those who think I pussed out and should have went with the 35's... feel free to lie to me and make me feel better!! Buyers remorse sucks ass!! L8R

I got the 35%. Looks good on a Midnight Blue P5. I live in Chicago and do risk the "getting pulled over" issue, though I see tons of other cars with much darker tint. I'd be worried if I were pushing some bling bling Escalade yo! or something; I'll worry less in a Mazda.

30% all around.. 5% back.. have rolled down my windows million of times afraid of being caught, drove past/next to police 5 times w/out getting caught (girl in the car, must have my man pride) Car Color: Orange... PRO for u: dun need to worry bout cops popping out every once in a while CON: car really looks like a pimp w/ darker tints :)... o and at least 3 friends got caught w/ tint already.. so they do enforce the law around here... but they all drive a black car haha

Hmm... interesting feedback thus far!! Maybe I should create a poll!! Did I puss out with my tints??? YES, NO or "By default, anyone who owns an MSP is NOT a Pussy!" hahaha lookin at my ride outside my office window... it does look pretty sweet so I shouldn't be complaining!! I'm the type who wants the most out of my money... which is of course why I got this car!!

I don't think it's worth the ticket and your always on edge around the cops it's not worth it. Here in Florida it is amazing how dark some go they go with the limo tint. I have had that on my old corvette and at night you can't see when your backing up. Here they let you get away with it a little but I don;t think it's worth it. My $.02

I thought 35% was legal, it is in GA i know.

One of my friends got this application for exemption of the window tint law and you just have to claim your eyes are sensitive to sunlight and have an eye doctor sign it and get it notarized by the state and you can get 5%! ;)

yes the legal limit is 35% in GA. and i have 20% on my SOMSP
it looks real good all my cars i have ever owned had eather 5% or 20% and only got harrest once when i got pulled over for speeding (90 in a 75) on 16 going to tybee island. and the ticked was a fix it or pay i just apyed it was only $75.

You would only recieve a fix it ticket. Then you go back and have the tint taken off. Just roll down your windows when/ if you get pulled over.

later

orangezoom said:
I don't think it's worth the ticket and your always on edge around the cops it's not worth it. Here in Florida it is amazing how dark some go they go with the limo tint. I have had that on my old corvette and at night you can't see when your backing up. Here they let you get away with it a little but I don;t think it's worth it. My $.02

well put...i have 5% tint all the way around my car and have for 2 months now, no problem so far i love FL

Hey xxxcool21,

Where locally did you get your tints done? I just got my Yellow P5 and it's ROASTING in there without any tints. Looking for a good reliable shop to do it, that uses GOOD tint that won't fade in 3 years down here! How much did it run and do you have 5% all around?

Thanks!

Z-Cast

FuriousMojo said:
Our limit is 25 on the front side windows and 35 on the rest.

You're allowed more tint on the front than on the back? :wtf:

Think I'll risk it and get 35% up front and 25% in the back.

I have 35% all around, but look in my avatar and see the color of my car. Cops don't pull me over for tint. Haven't yet anyway. I have a very "blah/me too" looking sedan.

I personally think 50% looks very classy. My friend hooked me up with my tint, so I can't complain though.

I'm going to go with 35% all around, even though NJ does not allow anything more than factory around. However having the front without tint and the back with tint looks plain stupid!

1st MP3 in NH said:
I call the one on the right!!!!! (wow)

Since you called the "right" fair and square,I'll take the LEFT!(OVER)?
Matt;)

smithers_0990 said:
.....Just roll down your windows when/ if you get pulled over...

Um, wouldn't the reason for getting pulled over to begin with be the fact that you had window tint that was TOO dark? I'm about as confused with that statement as Rosie O'Donnell having to chose between Hostess or Little Debbie.

....that's like when people throw on their seatbelts when a cop approaches the car - when the reason for pulling you over to begin with was a lack of seatbelt. While one is at it, order a triple cheese bacon ham sausage burger with a super ultra large fry and a diet Coke....

Dimitrios said:
While one is at it, order a triple cheese bacon ham sausage burger with a super ultra large fry and a diet Coke....

This isn't uncommon. Some people actually prefer the taste of diet coke.

what is the whole legal limit of tint and where u can put it in California?

35% is legal in SC, but you may also be able to use 20 on the back window as long as the sides are 35%. In one car, I was told only 35% all the way around. The woman barely spoke english. I told her that a guy at another tint shop told me 35 was the darkest on the sides and 20 was okay for the back. All she could say is, "I tint legal!" I told her, "No, no, I am not asking you to do something illegal, I understand that sides can be 35% is okay for the sides, but can I get 20% on the back? A guy at the other shop did so and I never got pulled. He said it WAS legal." Her response, "I tint legal!" After rephrasing it several times, she still said, "I tint legal. Do you want me tint or not?" So I said **** it and tint it 35 all over. I looked at my gf at the time and just threw my hands up because the owner of this tint shop couldn't speak much English and it was cheaper than most shops as well as a good job.

So does any one know if 20% is legal or am I going to get the "I tint legal!" response:rolleyes:

MisterT

Latest posts

Back