Second Motor

Ceasar1010

:
Mazdaspeed Protege 2003 and Miata STO 1997
I want to find a second motor to rebuild and take my time with. Im confused, can I use a regular FS9 motor from a NA Protege and just attach all my turbo parts on?

the JDM import motors? I was reading you cant use the Heads? Can someone help clear this up.

i was under the impression the fsde and fsze engines were identical for the exception of the fsze has higher comp ratio and different cams.

personally i would just buy a regular fs-de engine and go from there since you'll be building it i assume anyway.

i was under the impression the fsde and fsze engines were identical for the exception of the fsze has higher comp ratio and different cams.

personally i would just buy a regular fs-de engine and go from there since you'll be building it i assume anyway.

So it couldn't be a one for one swap ?

Fsze will work but it's high compression and aggressive cams are not what you want for boost. Any 01+ 2.0 Mazda motor is the same

After I build the motor , the one I take out I can build that one too. So a FSZE I would put in a regular Protg NA. I guess I need to find one in Houston now -- FS9

if you are building it from bottom up it doesnt matter which block you have. they are all the same for the exception of the already mentioned. just have to decide if you want to try the JDM cams or put in the regular FS-DET cams.

Back