Scroll Through Favorites via Steering Wheel Controls

TurkFebruary

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
Just bought a '16 CX-5 GT and loving it. One question I had, is there a way that when I hit << and >> on the steering wheel, for it to browse through my favorites instead of the next station? This is with XM Radio. Seems like it just moves to the next station, would be ideal if it jumped to the next favorite.

Also, I found out if I turn the car off while its in neutral that the radio stays on (then you can put it in park). Is that ok to do? Is there a better way? On my old truck, even if I took the key out, the radio would stay on and I could put the windows up until a door was opened. I definitely miss that. I keep having to double tap the start button (with no brake) to close all my windows.

Mine (2016 GT w/Tech) moves through my favorites list. If I am on a FM station, it moves through all my FM faves. If I am on a XM station, it moves through my XM faves. [note: you have to go to faves and pick a channel first. you can't just tune in one of the channels that is on your faves list and use the << | >> to move through your faves from there]

I have a 2015, so I don't have the same system, but if I hold the << or >> button on the steering wheel, it will go to the next station instead of going through my favorites. If I press and release, it goes through my favorites. Maybe that's what happening?

Back