Changing/Scrolling radio stations

Hi, I’m a brand new owner (3 days) of a 2022 Signature CX-5 coming from a 2016 Kia Sorento (which I loved).

I am used to being able to use my thumb on my steering wheel to flip through channels to find a song I want to listen to. I can’t see to find how to “easily” do this in my new car. I have saved a few favorites on FM and XM but it’s still a bunch of knob turns and pushes to get to stations.

Am I missing something or is this just my new normal? Thanks for any and all feedback.

Attachments

• 12963498-E3CF-48BA-B1A3-250CAFE9A94F.jpeg
    12963498-E3CF-48BA-B1A3-250CAFE9A94F.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 89
Yeah. It's one of the annoyances of this vehicle. I can use the commander knob but it's a pain. The steering wheel won't let me scan XM satellite stations. Honda and Ford's are so much easier to use the radio. One of the few things that annoys me about this vehicle. Luckily there is a lot of positives to outweigh it.

Yeah. It's one of the annoyances of this vehicle. I can use the commander knob but it's a pain. The steering wheel won't let me scan XM satellite stations. Honda and Ford's are so much easier to use the radio. One of the few things that annoys me about this vehicle. Luckily there is a lot of positives to outweigh it.
I’m glad it’s not just me. I was thinking it can’t be this difficult and I’m apparently missing something, but apparently it is 🤣

Chevy is the same way. You just use the up/down on the left side of the steering wheel to move thru your saved favorite stations.

I have been able to use the left button on my 2022 CX-5 to move thru favorites saved. I may be doing something wrong but if I’m on FM it only moves thru my FM favorites, I have to switch to AM to get to the sports radio station I listen to. On the Corvette it moves thru all the favorites, does not matter what it is.

Chevy is the same way. You just use the up/down on the left side of the steering wheel to move thru your saved favorite stations.

I have been able to use the left button on my 2022 CX-5 to move thru favorites saved. I may be doing something wrong but if I’m on FM it only moves thru my FM favorites, I have to switch to AM to get to the sports radio station I listen to. On the Corvette it moves thru all the favorites, does not matter what it is.
Same..can only move through FM while on FM and AM on AM. Can't cycle satellite at all except for the control knob.

Back