Mazda Infotainment Scroll Lockout

:
NY
:
2021 CX-5 Sig.
Am I the only one who despises Mazda for preventing us from scrolling through options in Nav while driving? What's the point of the command knob if I can't scroll past the 3rd choice?

For instance, I want to set nav to an address I went to a few months ago. It just so happens that it's a few rows down on the "recent address" list and I can't get to it without pulling over and stopping. Same thing with say adding a restaurant stop during a long road trip. Can't get past the 3rd option.....

Anyone else have this experience and is there anyway to turn this off? Seems ridiculous.

I read that on the older system if you unplugged the vss (vehicle speed sensor) wire it made this possible. Putting a switch in should clear up any issues after you are done navigating the gui.

But yes, I totally agree. If they could either give me this or AA directions in the hud I would be at peace. And an extendable arm rest would finish my list of complaints.

I read that on the older system if you unplugged the vss (vehicle speed sensor) wire it made this possible. Putting a switch in should clear up any issues after you are done navigating the gui.

But yes, I totally agree. If they could either give me this or AA directions in the hud I would be at peace. And an extendable arm rest would finish my list of complaints.
Correct. On my '08 CX9, there was a purple wire (VSS, vehicle speed sensor) into the MID unit in the back. Back then, some people cut it off. Others install a self-made device to mimic low speed (<5mph) activated by a switch. Anyway. Too much work for most owners...

If you have a schematic I can try to pull the pin and report back. One reason I could see to keep it would be that on my 22 it still reports distance when in a tunnel. I would find this useful so I would see about a switch somewhere.

Back