ScratchNSniff Protege5 Motor Trouble...

ScratchNSniff

Undisputed Parts God
:
Way to Many
So...during the HUGE rainstorm yesterday the car decided it was thirsty and wanted a sip of water, but took a bit to much...right now throwing 8 codes...I found water in the intake, filter, throttle body, and am now in the process of taking off the Intake manifold...

Question is...where do I go from here...

I would take out your spark plugs and turn it over to get out as much water as you can. From there let it sit to completely dry, and unplug your battery. After a day or so see how it's doing.

check with your insurance company and whether or not they cover hydrolocking.

I would take out your spark plugs and turn it over to get out as much water as you can. From there let it sit to completely dry, and unplug your battery. After a day or so see how it's doing.

That is the best method. If you have a knocking sound when the car starts you have a bent rod. If no knock(alright), get rid of the dam CAI and convert to custom (DIY) or a short ram.

check with your insurance company and whether or not they cover hydrolocking.

That is what we are going to do once we get it taken down to see if we can't get all the water out...

That is what I am about to do...I have it taken off, but wanted to dry out the IM as well...when I stuck my fingers in there from the throttle body I could still feel moisture...

That is the best method. If you have a knocking sound when the car starts you have a bent rod. If no knock(alright), get rid of the dam CAI and convert to custom (DIY) or a short ram.

I have actually tried to find one before, but the car didn't have the stock when I bought it...people wanting to charge $50-60 in shipping alone have kept me from getting a stock one in the FS section...

you have the worst luck :(

I really do...lol...I actually have one of the local Mazda guys coming on Monday to help me out...I had already planned to be out tomorrow and I work all day Monday, so I will keep some updates...also need to get another wire cause I broke one...

I would convert your Injen cold air to short ram, I converted mine and love how I don't have to worry about large puddles anymore. Not to mention that I got some low end power back.

-Matt

Back