Sad and lonely...

adragonfly

:
Protege 5
Well, I did it... I moved to San Diego. I thought it would be a fun and exciting change, but I haven't been able to make any new friends and I am sooooooo homesick. I want to move back to L.A., but I know I have to stick it out a little longer before I give up on this place.

I asked before, but is anyone in here from S.D. who can tell me where to hang out and how to entertain myself? HELP, pleeeeeeeeease!:'(

the beach?...dunno i am fom houston...would give you company if i was there...(naughty)...j/k...

sorry to hear that you r lonley ...... i like dominoy2k1 am from houston also .... i am sure u will make friends soon ..if not ...tell me i will go visit ....... u take care and hang in there.....

i got dibs on the first ticket if she flys us out there ...:eek:... although i dont think she will have any problems making new friends....

Go to Pacific Beach. It has the highest concentration of bars in the United States, (36 square blocks anyways...). You are bound to meet some people down there.

Thanks for the tip on PB... been there, but it wasn't my type of crowd. I go to the beach almost everyday after work, which is the one thing I do love about this place. Surf's been bad though...

I work in a place where there isn't anyone my age, so it's hard to make friends that way... I feel a bit wierd going out by myself - seems a little creepy, like I'm trying to pick up on people. I just want some friends!!!

wow Ari! first post by you in a LONG TIME!

hey San Diego Protege owners, why don't you guys arrange a mini Protege meet to make our dragonfly feel more welcome in SD????

hello Ari and welcome home....its been a long time....and its so nice to see you again.

I am obviously not from SD, as I too am from the houston texas area...HOWEVER....I have spent time in SD going to school when I was in the millitary....

MY favorite hang out? it was BLACKS BEACH....just across the street from UCSD in La Joyja (or how ever you spell it)....just take the path down to the beach from the glider port...and your there....free to run FREE!!!! (stash)

I've moved a few times and you just have to be patient to meet people. It rarely happens quickly and always has some struggles. Just hang in and you will find some good people to spend time with. In the meantime find things you can do that might be social and expose you to people with similar interests. Not to sounds like a high school counselor or something but...take a class, join a club, just get out of the house for things other than work when you can and you will eventually meet some good company. my humble .02

it sucks to move to a new place.. almost as much as having all your buddies move away from you.. never forget those that were around u.. but never be afraid to make new friends. -=)

adragonfly said:
Thanks for the tip on PB... been there, but it wasn't my type of crowd. I go to the beach almost everyday after work, which is the one thing I do love about this place. Surf's been bad though...

I work in a place where there isn't anyone my age, so it's hard to make friends that way... I feel a bit wierd going out by myself - seems a little creepy, like I'm trying to pick up on people. I just want some friends!!!

Welcome to my world. :( It's slowly changing though.

i love san diego. in fact, i'm moving back next year. i do admit that the party scene isn't nearly as much as it is here in LA, but that's what makes it san diego. it's just a kick back town. i usually hang out downtown playing pool at gaslamp billiards.

what kind of entertainment are you looking for?

Hey if you don't like it there, you can move to SF, and we can both make new friends together. I know the feeling of not knowing anybody, and feeling alone and well by yourself. Things change. Usuallyin an instance, and you will forget that you ever had those lonely nights, and will wish for some quiet away from the all the fun you will be having. I find it hard to believe that a beautiful, and obviously very intelligent women like yourself is having trouble meeting people. Well my cousins always says "hey if you're going to go to San Diego, you might as well go to Mexico" I don't know what relevance that has here, but I just thought I would throw that out there

there is actually a thread for a car meet/caravan thingy in San Diego and i think it's gonna be in mid august. i'm not sure if i'm gonna go or not but i know there will be people there like spicymsp and dr.sound. maybe you can make friends there.

I am not too into the PB crowd myself. I just figured that most folks my age still are. Anyways, as mentioned above, the Gaslamp is cool at night. When I first moved here, I took some athletic classes at the Junior College so I could meet a few people that had the same interests (i.e. Water Polo, swimming...). Where in San Diego do you live?

SpicyMSP seems very active in the SoCal forums, I haven't gone to any of the meets myself, but I am thinking about coming out. I think there is a meet this weekend, but I could be wrong...

And by the way, Blacks beach that SirNuke mentioned is a nude beach (or at least it used to be, I can't remember if they banned that or not...). I was a little surprised the one time that I went down there. I didn't know, but my friends did, so we were walking down the beach, and these two guys were jogging towards us, and, well... it wasn't pretty... The Horror... Oh God! Make it stop...

Blacks beach is a nude beach. My boss, who's gay, goes there all the time. Not exactly a place I want to run into him!!!

I live by SDSU and was considering taking some classes just to meet people. Guess I'll just have to see.

I'm thinking of going to that meet on the 16th, but it's my birthday, so if something else comes up, then I might flake.

Thanks for all the advice so far!!!

Hi Sir Nuke!!! I've missed you! See you around, hopefully, more often than lately!

your birthday's the 16th?

SD/SoCal peeps, if Ari shows up to the meet on the 16th you guys better treat her to a nice birthday meal! :D

mine's on teh 17th! w00t :D

Class is definately a good place to meet people. SDSU is fun. I went there. But I don't know anybody there anymore. All of my friends have since graduated and moved back home. That is one thing that sucks about moving away to go to school. I love SD so I wanted to stay, but all of my friends were complaining about money, so the went back home to live with mom and dad, and now it seems like I am the only one left... Guess I should go to the meet too...

Back