RX-7 Quality Control

Pro5OnSpeed

Contributor
:
Black tinted '02 P5
i just bought a book on the history of the RX-7, and found this picture on how Mazda wanted to make sure the car was up to par. Well after seeing this, i am sure..............

Attachments

• flyin rx-7.jpg
    flyin rx-7.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 345
Honestly how many of us haven't tried that with a RX-7 at one time or another...:D

LOL, that's awsome!

The only time I've flown in a Mazda(or any car for that matter, but it was in a Mazda) was at the junkyard my bro works at....they gave him this beat up '86 B-series...I went to the yard and he gave me a ride in it....there's one aisle next to cars towards the back(where the cars aren't worth anything)and for some reason it's paved. Anyway it's a strait away, and there's a hill, it's like 5 ft tall, pretty steep on the other side, and dips on the other side too, and we hit it at about 45...bouncy ride but tons of fun.

I had Pogo (my P5) in the air for a fraction of a second on a miata drive once...yah keepin up with those miatas round curves is tough...:D

i would love to have a miata as well, in addition to my pro5

near my house there is a serious s curve getting on a local route 120 from 21. i did 60 through turn one and 85 in turn two! it was hella cool! i also did 95 around a nascar type turn on another local raod.... TOP THAT CAPTAIN!!!! (he was with me in the car so does that count?)

I had my Probe airborne a couple times...Then when I had to start replacing ball joints and tie rod bushings I figured I'd better lay off for awhile...:D

Re: i would love to have a miata as well, in addition to my pro5

Pro5OnSpeed said:
near my house there is a serious s curve getting on a local route 120 from 21. i did 60 through turn one and 85 in turn two! it was hella cool! i also did 95 around a nascar type turn on another local raod.... TOP THAT CAPTAIN!!!! (he was with me in the car so does that count?)
Sounds like a challenge to me....I'll take that bet!

Why aren't there any kool peeps to play with in Austin?! :(

Speeding is cool...

There's this area around here called the Bottoms...it's near Creve Coure Lake and it's all country roads and rarely any cops...

The recently paved a straitway, super smooth, and there's a stop sign right at the beginning. When my bro got his license, we did a flat out there in his '87 626(93hp lol) and went about 117...smooth. There's also a road near my highschool that's like a highway type road, 2 lanes in each direction, split road(Page road for any of you other STL guys) and it starts from another road(Bennington) and goes strait and over I-270 and there's a 3 lane banked exit, a really sharp turn(goes to Lackland and then the street that my street is off of(Craig)) , the speedlimit on it says 25...anyway, last year(when my bro was a senoir) we raced people on Page in his '88 MX-6 GT, go like 110 and hit this exit at around 70-80, tires squeeling.

Fun to go fast!

MazKid said:
Speeding is cool...

There's this area around here called the Bottoms...it's near Creve Coure Lake and it's all country roads and rarely any cops...

The recently paved a straitway, super smooth, and there's a stop sign right at the beginning. When my bro got his license, we did a flat out there in his '87 626(93hp lol) and went about 117...smooth. There's also a road near my highschool that's like a highway type road, 2 lanes in each direction, split road(Page road for any of you other STL guys) and it starts from another road(Bennington) and goes strait and over I-270 and there's a 3 lane banked exit, a really sharp turn(goes to Lackland and then the street that my street is off of(Craig)) , the speedlimit on it says 25...anyway, last year(when my bro was a senoir) we raced people on Page in his '88 MX-6 GT, go like 110 and hit this exit at around 70-80, tires squeeling.

Fun to go fast!
:'( Why can't I have friends like you?!:'(
my club is full of non-participatory guys with hott RX-7s!!! not fair!!
at least most show up for the meeting...

if i ever get down to Austin, i'll look you up and we can go driving! just last night this freaking guy tried to run me off the road! i was following kenn to his house and as i was comming up to him this guy in his truck begins to merge right into my front fender! luckily i hit the breaks (i could slam on them cause it was wet) and got closer to the curb, i honked the horn and the dude finally got back into his lane. i wasnt even going that fast, i was doing the speed limit!

anyone elses have some crazy whack story to share? a street race here, close call there?

let us know!

dude, I have people try to run me off the road all the time...friggin weirdos...me and greg were driving both the cars a few minutes ago and an Avalanche did a break check on greg cuz greg honked at him. He deserved the honk because he was going to stop in the middle of the road at a turn where we have our own lane to merge into traffic. So then the Avalanche's little antic caused me to get too close for comfort to greg's car, then a 2500 series Chevy almost hit me!! grrr!! So then the guy follows greg with his brights on (ooo...that hurt :rolleyes: ) when HE was the one causing s***!!! :mad:

what an asshole

see thats one of those times when you completely stop your car so the guy gets out, and you beat him with that rebar that is laying on the roadside. i hate when people turn on their brights like that. YEAH

i meant to say, YEAH PEOPLE SHINE YOUR LIGHTS IN MY EYES SO YOU BLIND ME AND CAUSE A REAL ACCIDENT. FOOLS!

lol...well he finally calmed down cuz he realized he had 3 cars mad at him....f*cker...

I don't think I ever told you guys the crazy honduh story...

Quoted from my post on the RX-7club forum:

Originally posted by mx5rx7girl(aka Mazdaspeedgirl):
I had a kinda scary road rage experience. Me and spazztroy were cruisin in my Protege5. While stopping for a red light, I saw an ambulance coming out of his station, so I stopped behind the line to let him out (there's signs about not stopping within the lines too). I wait to start moving, since the law says you must stay a few hundred feet away from an ambulance. A guy in a silver civic starts honking at me, and I ignore him, thinking maybe the country he comes from does not have ambulances ( lol ). When I (and the rest of the traffic) start moving again, he incessantly keeps on his horn/riding my ass. So being the colorful American that I am, I flip him off. He stops and backs off for a few seconds, then gets right back to it. So I flip him off again. Prolly not the best thing to do...So he follows me and naturally the PR5 leaves him in the dust, but everytime I have to slow for a light, there he is again. I got to one redlight that I absolutely could not get thru, and I see him get out of his car. Since I keep my kool under pressure, I immediately thought to lock my doors (windows were already rolled up). He comes up to my window screaming half in his native tongue and bangs on my window so hard that I watch it literally bow in!!! Meanwhile I watched to see if his passenger (a big burly guy) was going to get out, but he doesn't. spazztroy sees the traffic clear and I burn em outta there.

I mean, what did this freak wanna do? Beat up a girl for her waiting for an ambulance to go by??? If it hadn't been for his large passenger, I would have gotten out. I do keep a 4 cell MagLite in my car for such situations, but you never know what's gonna happen...

And with that, I am working on getting a tazer (sp?). Mace is fun, but kinda girly. I want something that will put em on the ground for sure.

Back