2007~2015 Run Wires Through Firewall

:
2009 Mazda CX-9 GT
Searched but didn't see anything. Anybody run wires through the firewall? Any grommets or holes already there? Did a quick look but didn't see anything that jumped out at me. Just need something small for two 14ga wires.

On 2016 Mazda6 there's a rubber grommet with cables running through the firewall behind the pedals.....in the engine bay side I think there was a nipple. Actually can't recal if nipple was in the cabin side or engine bay side...Regardless look for the nipple! Snip the nipple! Run cable through nipple. In my case I then used electrical tape and velcro tape the secure cable/close the opening.

On 2016 Mazda6 there's a rubber grommet with cables running through the firewall behind the pedals.....in the engine bay side I think there was a nipple. Actually can't recal if nipple was in the cabin side or engine bay side...Regardless look for the nipple! Snip the nipple! Run cable through nipple. In my case I then used electrical tape and velcro tape the secure cable/close the opening.
Thanks. I will check that out.

There is a wiring harness that goes through the firewall behind the battery. You can punch a small hole through the grommet there.

Had to swap out the battery today, so took the time to run my wire through the firewall. Found the large grommet behind the battery and ran my wire through there,

Easy peazy (with the battery out of the way). :)

For future reference, here is a (crappy) image of where the grommet is on the firewall (behind the battery).

DRL_016.2.JPG

Back