RUF Kompressoren AG

If I read it correctly, and see the way it's designed( and guess the way it's mounted correctly) I dont think it will fit on the nose of our cranks. Not enough room between the crank and right side chassis rail.. Neat design though.

Jackson Racing Rotrex supercharger unit should be great for the 2. only need to get it mounted... that's the hard part. The tubing is easy, measure and cut :)

It looks like it goes up on the end of the alternator....

Or running off the auxilary belt with a step up pulley....

Thought it might mount where the AC unit is or similar position on the rear of the engine, same place I'd put a Rotrex if i could afford one....

Shaun....

Will it add stress to the alternator's bearing with time? Looks like a cool way to mount a supercharger tho :)

I need to find a friend to make me a mounting bracket and a idler pulley. Or maybe building a set up like that with a custom alternator pulley and a custom bracket.

Really thinking about getting a compressor cover, compressor wheel & back-plate to have a go at one of these....

Machine up a bearing housing in alu, tooth belt drive from a multi V pulley on the auxiliary belt..... some high pression high speed bearings in housing........

What size of compressor would give enough air flow & pressure at low rpm, no way your going to get the compressor to go at the speeds the Rotrex
does, but a good 4:1 or 5:1 should be achievable from the auxiliary belt pulley....

Shaun.....

Some help needed, i've been speaking to a turbo firm, they think the T25 or T28 compressor would do the job or a T3, but from the turbo maps they don't work down at the 30,000rpm that I think I can get the compressor to spin at ? do the maps extrapolate down past the lower compressor rpm ?

Shaun....

Last edited:
So nobody knows anything about turbo compressors ?

Been looking at pictures of the RUF Kompressor on the web, looks like (very roughly) a 45mm inducer with a 135mm wheel ? with a 6800rpm rev limiter & a 5:1 pulley ration
to the compressor blade it should get to 34000rpm the car takes 143.926CFM
@ 7500rpm with 84Ve so if we boost it up to 4psi with a 101.7Ve taking 221.669CFM
or 16.847lbs/min....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6FFj7CHBd1cODdJRXlsSzhybms/edit?usp=sharing

Anybody with turbo & compressor knowledge shed any light on this to help ? i can
find an 80 inducer 105 wheel with a 135 flow but thats at a gizillion rpm ?

Shaun....

Back