Reworked Ko4

fsd_619

:
2008 MazdaSpeed3GT
I've been doing some research and reading a couple threads from different forums and none have really answered my question. Maybe I'm not searching hard enough but my question is if i were to buy a reworked ko4 from PG would mazda be able to tell that its "aftermarket" even though it is still a stock turbo? Or would they have to take it apart to tell? Also I see some people get a smoking issue with this, sort of a hit and miss type of thing but all the people that run these turbos have aftermarket DP and are catless or they have something modified with the exhaust. My goal is a more efficient turbo no huge HP gains because i do have a warranty on my speed and do not want to void it in anyway. the only mod i have is the mazdaspeed intake converted to a SRI I do plan on getting the HTP TIP and a forge BPV. Also one more thing!!!!! Would I have to get any type of EMS or a better fuel pump to support the reworked ko4?..I plan on keeping it at stock boost levels

I would assume that if the "stock" parts bolted to it. Then the dealer is really not going to know. But if you had a warranty claim that needed the engine/turbo pulled for they may find out. Smoking from a turbo can sometimes be from a bad rebuild. Most reworked turbos are put together by hand so they always have the possibility of not being right. Not trying to say that PG does not know what they are doing. I am talking about any company that builds turbos can have this issue.

The PG turbos have a terrible reputation. And why would you spend that money for a reworked POS stock turbo anyways? if you're gonna keep stockish-style, go BNR S3. But you gotta have management and upgraded hpfp for that stuff anyways.

Back