Retained Accessory Power (RAP)

lcann25

:
2014 CX-5
Hello everyone, I know this is a small gripe, I was a bit annoyed when I test drove my CX-5 that it didn't have RAP, but I bought it anyway.. Well I discovered today that the drivers power window will still go up and down until I open the door, so there is RAP on that part of it, but how about all the other windows, sunroof and radio??? I had a 1995 Ford Ranger before this that had RAP so it's not like it's something new. I guess why I am grumpy about this is because the the drivers window has RAP. If I could have gone on knowing it didn't have it at all, I'd be grip free, but c'mon guys, if your gonna do the drivers window, do all the rest of them as well!

Yes, very annoying. With my former ride I used to turn-off the switch then make sure all windows are closed, or sometimes, open the passenger side window. Now, I have to remember to check before turning it off.

However, you can turn it off while in N and continue to listen to the radio, etc.

is this really an issue? can't you just not hit the power button until you roll up all the windows? Seems like 6 of one, half a dozen of another.

It's an issue more than you might think. First of all, every now and then I like to listen to the news when I get to work for a few minutes before it's time for my shift, or maybe catch the end of that really great tune.. Why should I have to hit the start/stop button to shut the vehicle off, then hit it again to get the radio back on, and hit it again a third and fourth time to get past accessories mode and have it shut off again?? Also, a lot of times with the car running, radio on, air blowing, etc... you don't realize that one back window may be down an inch or so until you turn the vehicle off and hear outside noise from that window.

It's an issue more than you might think. First of all, every now and then I like to listen to the news when I get to work for a few minutes before it's time for my shift, or maybe catch the end of that really great tune.. Why should I have to hit the start/stop button to shut the vehicle off, then hit it again to get the radio back on, and hit it again a third and fourth time to get past accessories mode and have it shut off again?? Also, a lot of times with the car running, radio on, air blowing, etc... you don't realize that one back window may be down an inch or so until you turn the vehicle off and hear outside noise from that window.
If your car has auto trans, put car in N & emergency brake on, push start/stop button -- only engine will turn off. Then shift to P. You will have to press start/stop (no foot on brake) to roll up windows after finishing your radio program.

can't you just park the car? you don't have to turn the engine off.

lol but not for the couple minutes they're talking about sitting to finish up a song. you sit longer at traffic lights.

So if the more than 1 Billion cars in the world just idle "for another couple of minutes to listen to the radio" that won't cause an impact? It's that kind of thinking that has our planet in the state it's in right now, and will have our grand children breathing out of a portable oxygen tank.

what-is-this-i-dont-even.jpg

You bought the wrong vehicle. Should have bought a fixed gear bike.

Discovered this annoying feature today. I can set the blinker volume (very cool) but I don't have retained power, save for driver window, and no one touch close roof. Nitpicky I guess but how much would these features cost, really. I've already accepted the fact I can't control my iPod via the stereo without wanting to break things. Best I came up with was my bmw 30 pin to USB and aux cable so at least it will charge and I can pull up and play my songs via the ipod prior to actually reaching my destination.

Last edited:
Back