[REQUEST] How to - Make Your Own Coolant Overflow Tank

Flav

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5
I wanna take a monster energy can (or something similar) and turn that into my overflow tank.
Is all I need to do is tap a hole in the bottom on the can and run the hose from the rad to that?
What can/should I do for the top of the can?

Straight from the Honda forums..
http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/107924-diy-monster-energy-drink-overflow-tank.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVTs-CUZbfc

Edit: Its obvious you didnt even bother looking online. I found both of those within 5-10 sec of veiwing this page.

I did already look at those 2 options. I am aware of the google function on the internet. I was hoping for some helpful insight from another mazda owner.
Maybe someone already did this idea etc. Thanks though.

A monster energy can? Seriously?

Yeah, seriously.

example.

GLHdC.jpg

I personally love the look.

I was hoping to get some helpful answers, Doesn't look like that's happening. But for anyone who actually does care about this idea I will post up some pictures either here or on my "build" thread later.

I guess if that's what turns your crank. To me looks like someone left their recycling under the hood. Why not look into a billet catch can from Signature Sound?

$60 vs $2

Also, I want to try it out and see if I like it. I'm planning on using the "Monster Assault" can since it's red and my engine bay has a few red pieces in it.

one of those venom energy cans are good for doing that, theyre thicker aluminum.. tbh it looks like what most ebay produckts are, but witha "breather filter" on top... im in the process of doing this already colormatched it to my car

I personally don't like the look of it. If the can were bigger (like the Heineken mini keg) maybe it would look better...

I personally don't like the look of it. If the can were bigger (like the Heineken mini keg) maybe it would look better...

SOMEONE NEEDS TO USE THE HEINEKN MIN-KEG!!! Seriously... I'd never do this or anything like it, but it'd be ******' hilarious!

Back