Replaced relays but front blower still not working

Hi all, the front blower on my '08 CX9 isn't working. Rear works fine. I've read all through the blower issues that people have had and was excited to see that simply replacing the relays could fix the problem. Ordered two new relays and installed them this morning. Rear continues to work fine. Front still not working. Any ideas?

Much thanks!

There is a separate fuse for the front blower. In fuse box behind glove department the fuse #12 ( 7.5A)

Thanks, paulvha. I'll look into that fuse fix. One thing that is odd that I noticed after replacing the relays - the front blowers will now semi-kick in if I'm on the highway going above 60mph. However, if I'm just driving around town at 30mph, then they won't work. The display reads that they are on full blast in both cases. Is there some sort of fan regulation resistor or would this indicate that there's some sort of debris stuck in the blower? I'm planning on checking the latter this weekend.

well there is.... While the relay is switching the +12V on the motor, the other side of the motor is connected to a MOS-FET, which is controlled by your front climate control unit, and connects to ground. That is the way the speed is controlled. Maybe that is broken as your climate control unit indicates that the FAN-motor should be on full speed. As such the different sensors seem to be working.

It is located below the fuse block that is behind the clove compartment. You need to remove the under plate at passenger side, the glove compartment, the fuseblock from the holder and then you can access the FET that is below. Sent me a personal mail with you mail so I sent you the instruction to remove

Back