2007~2015 CX-9 Front blower not working

JayLa

2010 CX-9 grand touring
I know this is a common issue. I’ve replaced the motor once already due to water. This time is different. I replaced the motor and it still doesn’t work. I swapped the relays under the hood to rule that out, and no change. When the car is first turned on, the motor spins for about a half of a second and then stops. Rear blower works fine. Unless there are more relays I’m not aware of, I’m at a loss as to what other component failure is driving this issue.

I am with Bronco Boy. I would also try the blower motor resistor. That is a piece that sits in your air duct to monitor the airflow and give the voltage to your blower motor to run at the specified speed. Normally if your blower motor stop this is the first place to check because it is cheaper and a lot less work than replacing the blower motor.

That should be a very easy repair. I have done it my mazda 3 2010, in the mazda 3 it is in the same place as the cabin air filter and very easy to access. Only needed to remove 3-4 screws.

Does your blower motor works on the full speed setting ? A good symptom of bad blower motor resistor is when the blower doesn’t work on 1-2-3 speed but will work on the max speed level. Because a lot of cars just bypass the resistor for full speed fan settings (i.e. there is no need for the resistor to control the fan speed, it just goes at 100%). But it is possible that the cause is a bad resistor even if it doesn’t work at full speed. I am not sure how the Cx-9 is set up.

Last edited:
Back