Removing mats ???

mixmasterlove

Contributor
Crazy question...... before I end up breaking the "pins" holding my all weather mats in place (they seem very tight when I tried removing them), how do you remove the mats (I'm getting my huskies today)??

I started an earlier thread on the same topic. Seems many have problems with these damn pins. I use a large flat screwdriver (or similarly sized device) to push in the pin and release the mat. Doesn't seem to be an elegant solution to this.

Just push down on the center and pull up. You cant be a sissy about it. Use a little muscle and it pops up. Probably more secure than necessary and you do get the impression you will break them, but they do pop out.

Just push down on the center and pull up. You cant be a sissy about it. Use a little muscle and it pops up. Probably more secure than necessary and you do get the impression you will break them, but they do pop out.
Uh...sorry Nizzy, but I beg to differ. Maybe your's are on the low end of the production variation curve. But I'm 220# and it's all I can do to break mine loose putting all my weight behind the effort and damn near crushing the end of my finger. These things are ridiculously secure! (Thanks Toyota)

I started an earlier thread on the same topic. Seems many have problems with these damn pins. I use a large flat screwdriver (or similarly sized device) to push in the pin and release the mat. Doesn't seem to be an elegant solution to this.
Thanks for the heads up.... I used a screwdriver and it worked perfectly.

I am going spray a little silicone on the pins and see if that helps........to be continued.

Just did it, not perfect but better.

Last edited:
Mine just lifted right off with no issues.....i am a weakling too.

Uh...sorry Nizzy, but I beg to differ. Maybe your's are on the low end of the production variation curve. But I'm 220# and it's all I can do to break mine loose putting all my weight behind the effort and damn near crushing the end of my finger. These things are ridiculously secure! (Thanks Toyota)

Glad I didn't get my mats from Toyota. Sounds like a real nuisance. (cryhard)

I'm having an issue with the clips on the passenger side all weather mat where when I pull up the mat the clips come apart. I've looked at them and it looks like they don't completely lock together. I've tried pushing them together pretty hard to make it clip together with no luck. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix or if I can just get replacement clips somewhere?

Back