Red Anodized Emblems

vkyolv

Here are a couple of pics I took on my newly painted emblems.

I used Red Dupli-Color Metalcast paint.

Let me know what you think.

VkyolV

Attachments

• red-front.jpg
    red-front.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 600
vkyolv said:
Here are a couple of pics I took on my newly painted emblems.

I used Red Dupli-Color Metalcast paint.

Let me know what you think.

VkyolV

It looks really nice! Did you paint the badging right on the car or take it off then reattach it?

I took the badges off and painted them. At the time I was thinking about painting the Upper and Lower grill a light metallic gray. The front emblem didn't turn at as good as the rear emblems. So I think I am going to sand and repaint the front....eventually. I am also thinking of painting the valve cover with it...though I don't know that I want to take everything apart.

The metalcast paint is Phat....and for those who don't like red, it comes in blue too.

Different

I like the fact that you did something different, but honestly it is not my style. But if you like, all the better.

vkyolv-

how did you reattach the emblems? i'd like ot do my rear "mazda" and "protege" in black (to match the car), but i'm not sure how i'd reattach them. thanks for any info.

dmitrik4 said:
vkyolv-

how did you reattach the emblems? i'd like ot do my rear "mazda" and "protege" in black (to match the car), but i'm not sure how i'd reattach them. thanks for any info.

I used some 3M trim adhesive, but they also make a 2 sided trim tape. Either will work.

vkyolv said:

I used some 3M trim adhesive, but they also make a 2 sided trim tape. Either will work.

available at your local auto store or home depot type store, correct?

vkyolv said:
actually I got mine from the Auto Section at Walmart.

I've come to the conclusion that the auto section at Walmarts here must just suck or something cuz I never seem to find any of the things people mention. It's a conspiracy I tell you! :)

BigBlue said:

I've come to the conclusion that the auto section at Walmarts here must just suck or something cuz I never seem to find any of the things people mention. It's a conspiracy I tell you! :)

well it's pretty much almost always going to be next to the touch up paint and supplies....anywhere. <--Again that's if they have it.

vkyolv said:

well it's pretty much almost always going to be next to the touch up paint and supplies....anywhere. <--Again that's if they have it.

As for the Metalcast paint......I had to get that at AutoZone....because no one else seemed to carry it.

I think it looks pretty sweet against the contrast of your car...I just hope no one the red P5 paints theirs red....that would just look horrible:D
(redp5)

I just hope no one the red P5 paints theirs red....that would just look horrible

I was thinking of doing that...J/K But I was thinking of doing them black(metallic or flat) or gunmetal. IDK
Gunmetal would look good I think. Dont know about black

What do you guys think

Thanks(redp5)

smithers_0990 said:

I was thinking of doing that...J/K But I was thinking of doing them black(metallic or flat) or gunmetal. IDK

What do you guys think

Thanks(redp5)

Black on the back would look good with the red I think, but wouldn't it just blend in on the front grill?

smithers_0990 said:

What do you guys think

Thanks(redp5)

Here's mine that I did months ago. They're still holding up great.

Back