Received a gift from Mazda Head Office

andre6_

:
Mazda CX-9 GS-L 2017 AWD
It has been about 5-6 weeks of taking ownership of my new Mazda CX-9. This is my second new car and to my surprised today I received a gift from Mazda in the mail. It is sealed in a shiny gift box. Turns out it was a welcome booklet and a free gift. A brand new 'tileMate'. I already got two of these tile for my wife so I will be re-gifting this. It is individually wrapped. I did not know automakers send out gifts to buyers. I feel kind of special but not sure if anyone else receive something similar? I don't think I ever came across anyone mentioning about a free gift from any dealers. (nailbyt)

It has been about 5-6 weeks of taking ownership of my new Mazda CX-9. This is my second new car and to my surprised today I received a gift from Mazda in the mail. It is sealed in a shiny gift box. Turns out it was a welcome booklet and a free gift. A brand new 'tileMate'. I already got two of these tile for my wife so I will be re-gifting this. It is individually wrapped. I did not know automakers send out gifts to buyers. I feel kind of special but not sure if anyone else receive something similar? I don't think I ever came across anyone mentioning about a free gift from any dealers. (nailbyt)

Did you get this from Mazda USA?

nice gesture, I was reading up on this tilemate product, seems cool, one thing though is the hidden cost of battery,

the battery only lasts one year and you can't replace it yourself, the stupid tile is ultrasonically welded shut. the users have to return the dead tile mate and they send a replacement thru their "re-tile" program.....like $15 or $20 per re-tile

still a nice gesture on Mazda Canada part.... either that or Mazda and tilemate are in collusion and tilemate PAYS Mazda to give it away for free to get people hooked on tilemate and tilemate is giving it away for free knowing they will get business when battery dies.......

https://support.thetileapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/200550678-ReTile-How-do-I-renew-or-replace-my-Tile-after-it-expires-

or do the hack and pop it open to replace the battery...

Last edited:
Then I supposed it was to everyone in Canada who bought a new CX-9? It came from the Head Office in Richmond Hill Ontario Canada.
They are good but as mentioned here, the battery only last for about a year then we need to buy a new one or send it in to have it replaced.
This kinda sucks unless we try to cut it open as per the video link above lol.

Reading around on battery replacement in past is that it only works on the older models. Even when someone does replace battery I have heard they don't work. They changed some code. They do sell them for about half price on replacements. I get enough use out of them they are worth the replacement cost. They now have some fuzzy logic to identify smart places where things normally are as an extra reminder in case you forget it. This can go either way on privacy issues but if your phone sees other tags it keeps tabs on them too in case you lost a tag some place out of range it would be picked up by another user's device.

Back