Battery Drain Issue Special Service Program "NEW"

:
ASH8
Mazda has recognized that the 2023 CX-9 and CX-5 (Canada) has an issue with it's Remote Tuner module and software associated with it by the manufacturer of the unit.

These Remote Tuner modules were built with outdated software and therefore the power shutdown processing of the module may not be completed.
In this condition if the vehicle is left unused for a certain amount of time the battery may discharge and run flat.

The Remote Tuner module controls the audio signal from the entertainment system.

Owners of the effected models will get notifications soon or by end of April 2023 if not already about this Special Program where a small new file must be re-loaded by a USB Flash Drive. Please do not contact your Dealer yet, wait until you receive your letter of confirmation from Mazda.

Basically this includes CX-9 and CX-5 (Canada) made from start of August 2022 to present and also includes some 2023 Mazda 3, MX-30 and CX-30 (not for 2023 North American CX-30).

Obviously all free of charge, this update is done via a USB Flash Drive (hardware) and a small .kwi file with appropriate standard of updating via a guide. This update only takes about 7 minutes once USB Drive is inserted.

Your Dealer should record on a label fixed under the cars hood or bonnet (some use door jam) which records what when and where and by whom (Dealer).

Now the Reason I am posting this thread is to inform you guys of a pending letter and action by you the customer. I have copy of this new .kwi file and procedure to update but I am reluctant to issue to owners as in this case your Mazda Dealer should be the first port of repair as you are being contacted directly by Mazda.
Plus, I know a few of you guys have been having Battery drain issues where the cause of has not been found until now.

Having said that IF after awhile you don't get the letter from Mazda concerning your cars Remote Tuner update file booking with your Mazda Dealer then I am prepared to issue you the file to do update yourself, again it is a similar process to updating Mazda Connect firmware.

For some reason Mazda USA is not including the CX-5, this maybe an oversight or that these CX-5s in USA did not have this particular Remote Tuner unit.?
If anyone in USA with a 2023 CX-5 received a letter from Mazda NAO on this issue please let us know.

RM.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for offering to provide this to our members, @ASH8. It is very much appreciated!

Back