Rear Licence Plate "FIX"

Sveivo

:
2002 Protege5
Rear License Plate "FIX"

It's always annoyed me how the rear plate on the P5 is only secured by two screws.

Well, I found a decent way to secure the bottom of the plate. I picked up a pack of nylon screws and nuts, and it worked out nice. Now the plate is nice and tight! Check it out!

Attachments

• PLATE.jpg
    PLATE.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:
altspace said:
A how-to? Uh...drill 2 holes and screw?

Could you also write up a how to for "Installing CD in H/U"...I've been having problems...

ProtoType5 said:
Could you also write up a how to for "Installing CD in H/U"...I've been having problems...

Be sure cd is in a horizontal orientation. Many have issues with this.

i need to do this mod, annoys me everytime i close my hatch i hear that clatter of a plate only being held down by two screws that are on the top of the plate. who designed this s***? at least one screw for the bottom!

what if you have a double sided cd.....throws a wrench into everything...
-pixy- said:
now which side is the 'up-side' and which is the 'down-side'?

it also annoys the crap out of me when the hubby closes the hatch, he doesn't use the plastic hand thingie, so there are always fingerprints in my hatch dust layer.

i dynomatted my plate just for my system, that also works the same, but costs about 5468543216543241651 times as much.

A long time ago I posted my solution to this problem (as performed on my '03 sedan). If you have a license plate surround (don't we all?), install two of the nylon screws w/nuts upside down in the bottom of the frame. Before you install the plate, put some black (or any color) silicone on the heads of the screws. Let it dry, then install. Shoudl take care of any annoying rattle. Your mileage may vary as I am not sure of what you hatch owners have for a license rack back there.

-pixy- said:
it also annoys the crap out of me when the hubby closes the hatch, he doesn't use the plastic hand thingie, so there are always fingerprints in my hatch dust layer.
THat bugs me too...but I'm tall enough that I can just reach over and push it down with my hand on the license plate (no need to touch any part of the car).

Hehe, got a bit OT, but that's cool :D

No drilling required, just stick the screws into the two holes, then reach in the back and put the nuts on.

AlturredMP5 said:
i dynomatted my plate just for my system, that also works the same, but costs about 5468543216543241651 times as much.

Heh...my entire car is full of eDead. Well...except the roof.

Finally got around to doing this myself, and the results are good.

However, the black plastic license plate mounting bracket is only attached at the top (see photo), so now the plate and bracket both vibrate as one piece when the hatch is closed.

How to fix the bracket to the hatch at the bottom? Some kind of adhesive or double-sided tape?

Attachments

• licenseplate 001.jpg
    licenseplate 001.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 160

Latest posts

Back