Rear left suspension rattle

Tronspeed3

:
MazdaSpeed 3 GT, Pearl White
So I've had a rattle coming out of the rear left for the last few months.. it only happens when driving down my gravel driveway and over consecutive little bumps in the road. I jacked it up a few hours ago and wrenched on all the bolts on the left side and it still does it.

Anyone have any ideas? upper shock mount?

Does it happen only when you drive for a certain time, if yes it's a bad shock.

Mine was not leaking, but after 30 min of driving it start to sound like someone was knocking with a hammer in the fender and it was going worst the more i drive

Does it happen only when you drive for a certain time, if yes it's a bad shock.

Mine was not leaking, but after 30 min of driving it start to sound like someone was knocking with a hammer in the fender and it was going worst the more i drive

It starts right when I pull out of the garage and drive down the gravel driveway

I would say that before doing anything else, lubricate the sway bar bushings. I know they are "supposed" to squeak but in my case they were clanging. The end links appear fine but lubing the bushings took care of the problem. To diagnose I just used WD-40 equivalent, but for the long term I am going to lube with chain lube, which has graphite in it and penetrates pretty well too.

It's so simple to do that recommend this first .. it takes only a minute or two. Just squirt it in the area where the sway bar bushing is split.

I found this the hard way. I also had a clunk and discounted the sway bar bushings. 3 times I removed the wheel, and tightened EVERYTHING I could find. I even removed the plastic cover plate and tightened the bolts at the front of the lower arm. Nothing helped. Finally I lubed the sway bar, out of something to do more than anything and within a few miles of driving the clunk was gone.

Replaced the rear shocks and it fixed the issue, went with the SenSen's for the Mazda5 the fronts go on next saturday

I was going to say, it sounds like bad shocks. I had a smilar problem, only mine was on the rear right. Inspected the shock to find it leaking, badly. Replaced it and all is well!

Back