rear cam sometimes not working

sangs

:
mazda
When i put reverse gear, sometimes the rear view is not coming in display. Then I turn off and turn on car again it works sometimes. This behaviour is observed for last 1 month.
Today it is working properly. what to do now ? (spin)(spin)

If same problem happens for more than a week I say schedule a visit to dealership since it could be electrical issues...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Mine does the same thing. I find if I throw it in reverse before the Infotainment System loads up, sometimes that when it doesn't work. If I wait for it to load up, it doesn't seem to have the same issue.

I've had a similar thing happen to me last month. In my case, the whole infotainment screen did not turn on at all. All I see after putting it in reverse was an empty screen. Turning it off and on while in the parking lot didn't help. So I drove home with the infotainment screen off. Let the car sit in the driveway for like 30 minutes while I researched the problem. Came back to the car and started it and infotainment screen was working fine and rearview camera was working fine. Have got to say this really ticked me off.

There's a TSB dated back in May of this year that's supposed to address that issue among other things, 09-017/17, software version 59.00.502. I don't know all the year vehicles it covers or if this is even the latest version but I have experienced the same problem.

When i put reverse gear, sometimes the rear view is not coming in display. Then I turn off and turn on car again it works sometimes. This behaviour is observed for last 1 month.
Today it is working properly. what to do now ? (spin)(spin)

Take a video and show it to dealer.
You are welcome.

I've had a similar thing happen to me last month. In my case, the whole infotainment screen did not turn on at all. All I see after putting it in reverse was an empty screen. Turning it off and on while in the parking lot didn't help. So I drove home with the infotainment screen off. Let the car sit in the driveway for like 30 minutes while I researched the problem. Came back to the car and started it and infotainment screen was working fine and rearview camera was working fine. Have got to say this really ticked me off.
Mine's been acting flaky as well lately. I dropped my son off at a friend's house put the car in reverse and no backup camera. Turn the car off turn it back on still no backup camera. Went to get a bite to eat.. start the car back up and the camera was working normally again. I've also had the issue when I start the car up the infotainment screen won't pop up for a good 30 seconds. My firmware is 59.00.441

Last edited:
Back