Rear Brake Squeaks/grinding UK Fix HELP? TSB 04-005/15

BROADBEAN9513

:
CX5 2.2 D (175) SPORT NAV AWD WITH SAFETY PACK
I have a 2013 model Sport Nav Diesel and have been experiencing rear brake problems for a while now. My CX-5 has done 37K miles and has had two sets of rear discs and Pads. I explained this at my last Mazda Approved service who wanted me to stump up just over 300 for replacement parts. I have now purchased a Mazda extended warranty for one more year. The really weid thing is I have been searching the web for this fault and it appears that there is a Technical Service Bulletin about the problem and the fix which dealers would do under warranty!!!! Has anyone received this fix in the UK ? Here is the link I found it on: http://am.mazdaserviceinfo.com/pinq...e=detail_pagelet&id=TSB5171&actionPrint=print

That fix is for the US market and could well have different friction material.

Let's start at the beginning. Why have you had two sets of pads and discs fitted?

Excessive wear on the rear outside pads only one down to bare metal and heavy scoring on the discs. I have had this recurring for 18 months. I read the TSB and Mazda UK said it does affect our cars. The bulletin came out around a week or two after my last service in October 2015. Mazda are taking the car in next week.

That fix is for the US market and could well have different friction material.

Let's start at the beginning. Why have you had two sets of pads and discs fitted?

Excessive wear on the rear outside pads only one down to bare metal and heavy scoring on the discs. I have had this recurring for 18 months. I read the TSB and Mazda UK said it does affect our cars. The bulletin came out around a week or two after my last service in October 2015. Mazda are taking the car in next week.

Sorry for missing this.

I would go back to the dealer and tell them that as the issue has never been resolved, that they should correct the problem at their/ Mazda expense. They should be able to tell when fitting if the pads are free in the carrier. You might need to fight to get a satisfactory result.

If all else fails and you are faced with the bill, buy Pagid pads and discs off Eurocarparts and take them and the bulletin to a good local garage. Don't use one of the big chains like Kwikfit of they will just throw them on like the Mazda dealer has.

You calipers are rusted to s***...causes pads to lock against rotor..and your slider pins are locked up (probably)...Common problem, take it in and don't pay a freaking nickel for repair.

Back