Rear Badge Removal?

It is funny with the emblems, it is just like a piece of paper.....they handle whatever you write on them. You can put any emblem to a car to disguise or confuse other people. I remember I had a BMW 328 and changed the emblem for a 318. People with faster cars raced me thinking I had a smaller engine!!!!(thumb)

Force 1 : I think you probably have to change from 430 to 600 HP emblem later on when you add any other performance upgrade to the Vette

Nah--the stock 430HP is more than enough for me. I did install a Flowmaster American Thunder cat back exhaust 3 days ago, and ordered a K&N CAI kit for it.

DSCF1113.jpg

this one is really killin me. personally, I prefer to remove the text from the rear largely for the clean appearance and partially to differentiate my vehicle. I like a symmetrical appearance so the flying M can stay, but I want the others gone.

however, I don't want holes in the back and want a relatively clean finish. repainting the entire rear for this isn't a feasible option and I'm not crazy about the bondo idea. bumperplugs.com doesn't advertise Mazda black cherry color and it sounds like drilling holes are involved since their plugs appear larger than the existing hole. since my 09 is dark, I'd be happy with some black rubber plugs to fill them if they're small enough and low profile.

when I pull at the edges of the CX-9 logo I'm seeing tape all across. I can't get it out far enough to see if there are pins. the Mazda logo however has tape on either side and when I loosened it, that was when I discovered there was a pin/post right in the middle. has anyone with an 09 stripped theirs to see how many pins we're dealing with? also, has anyone measured the size of the holes?

2 pins per emblem. Any good shop or DIYer can spot the holes and repaint just that area. Body filler isn't a bad option. Filler has gotten a bad reputation from guys who use it instead of doing the proper metal work. But every shop uses it for small imperfections quite successfully. Most would spot the holes, but dimpling and filling will work just fine. I've done it on other cars and metal clad doors very successfully.

With proper masking and feathering, you only have to repaint the repaired area, not the entire gate.

Another option is to get interior retainers with the smooth headed lock plug and paint them the body finish and install them. Or screws with plastic head covers, also painted to match. Either is available at any hardware store.

I want to remove the "MAZDA" and "CX-9" badges from the rear of our 2007 GT. I can't tell if they're just affixed with foam tape or actually have plugs that go through the body. Anyone remove theirs yet?

The "CX-9" was just foam tape. I just have the "Mazda" on the car now.

How about painting it the same color as your 9, that way it wouldn't stand out as much? Several people on the vw vortex site paint their emblems with a special black plasticated paint found at HomeDepot.

Back