ran my srt-4 @ NHRA sport compacts finials!

1FASTMP5 said:
it's NEVER enough!!!! hahahha....

i have a evo related queston, i have a race tonight with a blue evo and im trying to figure out what he ''might'' have done to it & how fast it really is.

he's raced my buddies srt-4 (N20 powered) a few times and beat him by a car(not the best driver).
my car IS faster then my budddies car ON the bottle so i think i might have a good chance. (glare)

i heard a from a little birdy he has greddy everything. what all does greddy make for your car? any turbo upgrades? also how much HP will cams give on evo?

hehe, see if you can find out his forum name and I'll do some research on the forums I'm on. lol...

Greddy makes a T67 turbo kit for the evo- some people have put down 450-600hp with it. But it's not the best kit BY FAR!!! Greddy makes all the other boltons of course, but no cams or any good electronics.

Cams are easily one of the biggest powergainers on the evo. I have seen people over 330-350HP with boltons, cams and a tune. Most guys running a 264 or 272 combo cam setup are around 340-350HP. If they're cammed- they're tuned...

smp3000 said:
hehe, see if you can find out his forum name and I'll do some research on the forums I'm on. lol...

Greddy makes a T67 turbo kit for the evo- some people have put down 450-600hp with it. But it's not the best kit BY FAR!!! Greddy makes all the other boltons of course, but no cams or any good electronics.

Cams are easily one of the biggest powergainers on the evo. I have seen people over 330-350HP with boltons, cams and a tune. Most guys running a 264 or 272 combo cam setup are around 340-350HP. If they're cammed- they're tuned...

hahaha, ill check.... but im pretty sure he's not on the forums though.
i DO know he had his car tuned by road race (boom07) and WE all know how bad ass those guys are. ok, thanks so much you helped me a bunch.... im sure i know what this guy is running. im pretty DAMN sure he has all the greddy bolt-on's with the hks cams & tune on the stock turbo. (glare) (thumb)
so with what you said as far as power we should be a VERY close race. it will be taped so ill make sure and post it. (thumb)

1FASTMP5 said:
hahaha, ill check.... but im pretty sure he's not on the forums though.
i DO know he had his car tuned by road race (boom07) and WE all know how bad ass those guys are. ok, thanks so much you helped me a bunch.... im sure i know what this guy is running. im pretty DAMN sure he has all the greddy bolt-on's with the hks cams & tune on the stock turbo. (glare) (thumb)
so with what you said as far as power we should be a VERY close race. it will be taped so ill make sure and post it. (thumb)

No prob!!! I wish you luck! Try to race from a roll- you'll likely have the Torque advantage but he has the AWD advantage from a dig- and I beleive the evo is a bit heavier at 3,150-3,300 lbs. A lot of it will come down to the driver. Some people suck at driving and are running 13's with 400whp lol But then you have guys liek curt brown that are running 10's on the stock snail. ahaha

A guy out here in AZ with HKS 264 cams and a custom ECUTEK flash recetly ran a 12.7 at firebird. So if this guy has near the same mods as him then that's likely what he'd run as an average driver.

If he has a custom flash/tune and lives in socal then it is likely flashed for 91 octane- and running race gas won't do much for him since he has no pre-set tune for it, but is probably making pretty good power. I know a guy who tunes for road race and for rnr and he's a master at squeezing all the power possible for 91.

Keep us updated!! :)

Last edited:
they handle fine. and for a grand or so can be made to handle pretty darn good from what I hear

vindication said:
they handle fine. and for a grand or so can be made to handle pretty darn good from what I hear

they can,but they are just to front heavy.

I built up a SOHC 02 neon,and as much as I tried,the front was to heavy to get to handle accuratly.

and it had a engine that was half the wieght.

smp3000 said:
No prob!!! I wish you luck! Try to race from a roll- you'll likely have the Torque advantage but he has the AWD advantage from a dig- and I beleive the evo is a bit heavier at 3,150-3,300 lbs. A lot of it will come down to the driver. Some people suck at driving and are running 13's with 400whp lol But then you have guys liek curt brown that are running 10's on the stock snail. ahaha

A guy out here in AZ with HKS 264 cams and a custom ECUTEK flash recetly ran a 12.7 at firebird. So if this guy has near the same mods as him then that's likely what he'd run as an average driver.

If he has a custom flash/tune and lives in socal then it is likely flashed for 91 octane- and running race gas won't do much for him since he has no pre-set tune for it, but is probably making pretty good power. I know a guy who tunes for road race and for rnr and he's a master at squeezing all the power possible for 91.

Keep us updated!! :)

for sure.... i wish he would run from a roll. they wont so i WILL be running him on slicks HEADs up! on a closed road course that is!(glare)

vindication said:
guess thats why they hook up so good on the 1/4. front heavy. didn't know

it has almost put me into a mountain a few times.
it's also why I bought the MSP instead of the SRT-4,even though the SRT is a ****** rocket!

1FASTMP5 said:
for sure.... i wish he would run from a roll. they wont so i WILL be running him on slicks HEADs up! on a closed road course that is!(glare)

lol tell him to do a couple of pulls from a dig, and then try one from a 30mph roll... If he says no- tell him his mother is a wh0re and drive off. lol

wicked said:
they can,but they are just to front heavy.

I built up a SOHC 02 neon,and as much as I tried,the front was to heavy to get to handle accuratly.

and it had a engine that was half the wieght.

yeah, the handling is weird....not very predictable at all.

smp3000 said:
lol tell him to do a couple of pulls from a dig, and then try one from a 30mph roll... If he says no- tell him his mother is a wh0re and drive off. lol

ahahahahha... or line up with him. wait for the guys hands to drop and dont launch. hahahah.... do that a couple times and watch his clutch go bye...bye. (thumb) (glare)

bhahaha- ouch hit me where I know I'm weakest- the clutch!!! lol If he's on stock clutch then he won't want to launch hard- unless he's dumb.. But the Exedy double/tripple plate clutchs can handle mad abuse.

But if he does launch and break- still remind him that his mother's a wh0re and then drive off lol

smp3000 said:
bhahaha- ouch hit me where I know I'm weakest- the clutch!!! lol If he's on stock clutch then he won't want to launch hard- unless he's dumb.. But the Exedy double/tripple plate clutchs can handle mad abuse.

But if he does launch and break- still remind him that his mother's a wh0re and then drive off lol

(hah) lol.... we did that to him last time hahahaha... he got pissed, but they kept rolling out on the start.

i dont think it's the stock clutch because he launches the PISS out of that car.... (drive2)

Back