Radar and Brake System issue on start up

SDL

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 GT
Cold mornings here in San Diego (low to mid 40s) and my 2016 CX-9 started giving me errors:

"Front Radar Sensor System Malfunction" and "Smart Brake System Malfunction". The parking brake light is ON, it usually goes away once the car warms up.

Has anyone encountered this before?

2022-02-03 22_15_59-iCloud Photos — Mozilla Firefox.png

2022-02-03 22_15_37-iCloud Photos — Mozilla Firefox.png

How old is your battery? It doesn't have enough juice to power up those modules until the alternator charges it while driving. Change it. The car NEEDS the battery while running to help power modern vehicle sensitive electronics in addition to the alternator charging. These are not the cars of yesteryear. The fact that it goes away after warm up driving for a bit is a clear sign it's toast. 99% of electrical gremlins are battery and charging system related. Heck, even brand new batteries can be defective from the start with how things are made today.

Last edited:
How old is your battery? It doesn't have enough juice to power up those modules until the alternator charges it while driving. Change it. The car NEEDS the battery while running to help power modern vehicle sensitive electronics in addition to the alternator charging. These are not the cars of yesteryear. The fact that it goes away after warm up driving for a bit is a clear sign it's toast. 99% of electrical gremlins are battery and charging system related. Heck, even brand new batteries can be defective from the start with how things are made today.
Thank you. I found another post with similar issues, waiting to see if replacing the battery fixed it.

My battery will be 6 years in July. I took the car to the dealership in December and they said the battery was good. But, I agree, I think it's overdued, plus cold weather depletes the battery faster. I'm going to get it checked at one of the AutoParts stores and replace it.

I saw the same warnings recently on a cold day. I found that my brake fluid was low due to very worn pads. Added a little fluid and no more lights until I got the brakes done a week or two later.

Reactions: SDL
I saw the same warnings recently on a cold day. I found that my brake fluid was low due to very worn pads. Added a little fluid and no more lights until I got the brakes done a week or two later.
I do have to replace my front brakes

Back