Racing harts

TreFlip999

Contributor
Potential Scammer!
:
2003 Yellow Beast
I run a 215/45/17 on my P5 and the front rubs against the suspension and it drives me nuts. time for new tires, whats the ideal size im lookin for when running RH's on a P5?

215/40/17's are what ima run next, i read somewhere that, thats a good setup for the p5 IIRC.
i have the same set up as you and im rubbing rear and front. i needa roll my rear fenders.

40's will more than likely get rid off the rubbing on the suspension. I run 205/40 but my next tire will be 215/40

yah im running tokico blues and eibachs, the drop and wheel gap fill looks amazing, you think a less wide tire would help?

What exactly are you rubbing on? The bottom of the strut or?

took the tires off the front and theres a little clean spot on the struts. at above like 25-30 mph it sounds like a light saber or something of that matter over and over again. someone said it might be a cv joint but im gunna get new tires and see

So it's touching the bottom of the struts? Then the jump down from 45 series to 40 series will solve your problem.

yeps i had that problem too, and thats what im doing, going from 45 => 40series :)

No problem. I'm actually looking into some new tires as well and have heard very good things about the Kuhmo Ecsta ASX. For 67 bucks a tire on tirerack in the 215/40 size, you can't go wrong. I've heard it's quite a good performer as well.

No problem. I'm actually looking into some new tires as well and have heard very good things about the Kuhmo Ecsta ASX. For 67 bucks a tire on tirerack in the 215/40 size, you can't go wrong. I've heard it's quite a good performer as well.

man your car has really transformed since the last time i saw it. looks sick man

huh, i'm runnin on RH's with 215/45/17's with the Eibach Prokit and Tokico blues. . .

No rubbing anywhere except fender liner. lol

yea dude, those ASX tires are the FREAKN bomb.
i ran the kumho asx last year bald thru the winter and man they still performed amazingly :)

yea dude, those ASX tires are the FREAKN bomb.
i ran the kumho asx last year bald thru the winter and man they still performed amazingly :)

A Texas winter? lol I had the AST's (205/50/16) and they were great the first winter as well as the dry and wet but the second winter they sucked balls. So I picked up a set of dedicated snow tires. No more all season tires for me. :D

A Texas winter? lol I had the AST's (205/50/16) and they were great the first winter as well as the dry and wet but the second winter they sucked balls. So I picked up a set of dedicated snow tires. No more all season tires for me. :D

yeps, a texas winter. it actually was uuber icy last year and i think they performed well dry or wet. :)

lol i actually just got a set of the ASX from tire rack, cept in 205/50 cuz i was getting tired of the skinny tire look lol
they shipped QUICK, ordered friday and they were here Wednesday
havent gotten them mounted yet, have to raise my car quite a bit to get them to fit since i was slammed on 205/40's lol

The ASX is a great all-season tire. I had them last winter and they were fine. Honestly though, I had Khumo SPT's before and they did just as well in the snow that we get in Texas and they're a dedicated summer tire. They were also WAY better in the dry and wet. I would have gotten the SPT's again, but they only make one 16" size now it's nowhere close to a fit for a P5.

But the ASX is better and cheaper than comparable Toyo and Falken all season tires. It's also WAY better than the AST and isn't much more expensive.

yeps, a texas winter. it actually was uuber icy last year and i think they performed well dry or wet. :)

I'm running 215/40 on my RH's slammed out and no rubbing so it will most def, solve ur problem.

^^r ur fenders rolled?
cause im rubbing rear like a crazy.
but then again, the rear from the sedan and the wagon are diff so iono..

and the SPT's are great tires as well. got em on the G35 and they perform well.

Back