Racing Beat vs H&R springs

NOsquid

Racing Beat vs H&R vs Eibach springs

These seem to be the most popular.

I know the H&R produces a bigger drop, but does anyone know the spring rates? Or has anyone driven on both and can comment?

Woulda like to know which is stiffer.

Last edited:
Looks like you'll have to give racing beat a call to get the spring rates... And give Corksport a call to get the H&R rates.

Chances are racing beat springs are manufactured by H&R or a similar company. H&R is also a leading name in suspension so I'd go with them over racing beat and I know H&R offers a 2 year limited warranty... And Corksport backs their product... A lot of positives.

Are you looking for the biggest drop? Looking for the most comfort?

My advice in all of these spring threads.. Save up for coilovers

i have a racing beat springs that i used for about a month and now it seating in my garage. ride was its the same as any springs like EIBACH and PROGRESS springs. ride height not too much satisfied with it unless ur planning to put a 16" or 17" wheels.

i have a racing beat springs that i used for about a month and now it seating in my garage. ride was its the same as any springs like EIBACH and PROGRESS springs. ride height not too much satisfied with it unless ur planning to put a 16" or 17" wheels.

So they were too stiff with not enough of a drop? Did the shocks seem to work ok or did it seem bouncy as well?

Ive got the H&Rs and the new ride height and handling characteristics are superb....but...they dont seem so progressive at all..if I was on surface streets doing non highway driving it wouldnt be so bad, but...on the highway they are pretty firm (you could call them a little bouncy) and if I was an old man with a back problem I wouldnt be able to handle them ;-) On a side note I need to go on a diet because since the H&R's I notice my man boobs arent as firm as I want them to be lol.

i just installed H&R springs and for what its worth my opinion is they are fine for average guy/gal if you need more or better you are probably into the racing scene ..the car handles better then stock for sure body roll is almost gone brake dive is reduced bigtime but not eliminated..overall i beleive it was the way to go for me.. coilovers are a supieror suspension but if you dont use it to its potential then its a waste of money
imo ofcoarse

I hope the bounciness settles down or I'll have to go to coilovers just so I can adjust them when needed.

The best info I've been able to find is that the RB springs are 20% stiffer than stock and the H&R's are 30% stiffer, according to the following links

http://www.racingbeat.com/Mazda-2/Spring-Sets/77080.html

http://www.corksport.com/getting-down-with-the-mazda-2.html

RB's lower 7/8in front and 5/8in rear

H&R's lower 1.5in front and 1.3in rear

Eibach's are another option, they are 1.2in F&R, no idea how they compare in terms of stiffness

H&R makes 4 sets of springs with different lowering heights and spring rates which ones you referring to?

if u are interested in springs i'll be selling my RB springs soon. beware that this springs wont drop the car that much.

How's the ride quality compared to stock? I'm planning on springs eventually, but want my car to stay totally daily driver status so the RBs sound pretty good.

According to a forum member:

comparing both, the HNR springs give a lower drop at the front than eibach (around 1/2 inch diff). HNR springs are stiffer.

these are based from 1.5l a/t hatches here in the ph.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...h-or-H-amp-R&p=5837919&viewfull=1#post5837919

So it would seem the Eibach's are the middle-of-the-road option. Not quite as low or stiff as the H&R, but does close the wheel gap a bit more than the Racing Beat.

Also of note according to another forum member:

So while looking at all of this I noted some things which would help out our suspension in the front. Firstly when the car was lowered 1" there was only 0.5" of shock travel left before hitting the bump stops.
282028_10100110724628878_12701044_45398379_6026694_n.jpg

So I really hope that the instructions for the lowering springs tell you to cut the bump stops.

I also looked at the travel when the strut is in full droop. Overall the wheel has 5.5" of travel from full droop to hitting the bump stop. At stock height it has about 1.5" of compression so there is a lot of droop travel there. A shortened shock/cutting the bump stop will help there a lot.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...nvestigation&p=5741225&viewfull=1#post5741225

So it seems like you'd be living on the bumpstops if you don't cut them. Has anyone else looked into this - eg how much you can cut before the actual shock rod bottoms? How much are you guys cutting out of your bumpstops? I feel like most people don't cut them which makes me think Racing Beat's approach with the most modest drop is probably the wisest in terms of handling.

Last edited:
I'm wondering the same thing in regards to the bump-stops. I love the look that the H&R's give, and I love the overall performance of the Racing Beat's, but I'm wondering for those of you who have been running H&R's for a while, how much time you guys are contacting the bump-stops? Anyone running H&R's that didn't trim their bump-stops? Basically I want to leave the bump-stops alone, and if comfortably running H&R's requires trimming or constantly tapping the bump-stops than I'll deal with the less optimal look and go with the Racing Beat's.

Also, any higher mileage 2's with H&R's seeing any early grenading of the stock shocks? I know that Racing Beat specifically states that their springs are designed to work well with stock or aftermarket shocks, and I know that lowering is hard on the OEM ones. Not having many current aftermarket options for good/durable shocks doesn't help.

Didnt mess with bump stops and Im running H&R's. Only had them installed for 9 days so far though so cant give you much feedback yet.

Back