Questions about repairs/names of parts (2018 CX-5)

:
2018 CX-5 Touring AWD
car damage 1.jpgcar damage 2.jpgcar damage 3.jpgcar damage 6.jpg

My 2018 CX-5 Touring was vandalized. They not only broke my windows (right side: passenger and back seat), they caused some damage to the "frame" of the window. Now, I understand these are called pillars? Am I correct? The first picture shows the general area of the damage, the second picture is a close-up of the right side of the damage, the third picture shows a close-up of the left side of the damage. The claims adjuster also said there was damage to the top strip of the window (don't have a close-up of this, but refer to the first picture), and that the rubbery part that encloses the glass window would also need replacement. Sorry, I don't know the names of the parts. In addition to this, the savage (s) also caused some damage to my right side mirror. The mirror works, the automatic features (i.e., adjusting) and the lights all work, but the bottom is broken. It's not the protective cover, it's the bottom that was broken.

Can you give me the names of the parts so I can look for them (better yet if you have the parts numbers)? Where do you get the original Mazda parts? For the side mirror, is there a part that I need to get or does this need the whole mirror replaced? If so, if possible, can you provide the part number?

Thank you so much.

Macandal,

Similar incident happened to our '17 CX5 in SF...

If you plan to DIY, try to find the parts on mazdaswag.com.
Enter your model/yr, you should be able to find the parts by categories.

Unfortunately, some parts are on backorder.
You can find them on other sites like mazdaparts.org.

Both are genuine Mazda dealers...
I have done business with both.

The latter give you free shipping (>$100 purchase), but usually has higher price tags than the former. You can do cross-shopping.

#3 is the front applique and #5 is the rear applique of the rear door.

The entire passenger mirror assembly will need to be replaced.

Similar incident happened to our '17 CX5 in SF...
Also happened to my 2013 (when I owned it) several years ago in San Francisco. Very common occurrence these days. Has made me very cautious about venturing into that space; such a shame!

I have some questions for you, more knowledgeable folks:

Is there a difference between:

1. KB7W-50-M50A and KB8A-50-M50H (is it just the color?)
  2. KB7W-50-M30B and KB8A-50-M30E (again, is it just the color?)
  3. KB8C-69-121C and KC9E-69-121C (heated vs no heated)

I guess what I'm asking is if the alternative would work (they're out of the part that I need - the first part #).

If the alternative would work:

With regards to the color, would it look too weird? I mean, those are two different kinds of black.
With regards to heated vs no heated, again, is there any other difference?

I found almost everything I need at Mazda Swag. The other stuff I found at Mazda Parts.

My dealer gave me a list of the parts I would need. They are quoting me $1023.26 for parts and $900 for labor. I think I can get the parts for $473. That includes all I need except the mirror which is in backorder at both places. Assuming I pay $300 for it, that's still cheaper by about $300 from what the dealer wants.

Piano black = glossy
Black = matte, which looks like what you have.
Did you look at the list that the dealership give you and cross reference the part #s?

Looks like you are getting some good info. If you need any guidance on what you are going through, I manage a team of 8 damage appraisers for a regional carrier.. been in the biz 18yrs, happy to help.

Back