Question about CAI's with Front Mount Intercooler?

archedian

:
2003.5 MSP #504
I know this has probably been asked on multiple occasions but I was curious... I already have an Injen CAI (not short) to put on my car that is not installed yet, i know the OEM Intake must come off for the CAI piping to run through the hole on the driver side thus allowing it to be further from the engine and suck in colder air.

However i have also been looking into getting a front mount intercooler for my car as well, my question is... The front mount intercooler will run through the hole the CAI was supposed to go through to reach the intercooler located on the front of the car. Will my Injen CAI still work somehow with an FMI installed or is there a specific CAI setup that needs to be used once you have a FMI installed?

Any information would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

2 options...

1) Run only the lower half of the Injen (turns it into a SRI).

2) Don't buy a FMIC that uses that piping route (best deal these days is doing a custom setup anyway).

Thank you two for the responses and that is probably what i will do is just get the tubing from an ebay kit and either custom route it or if i cant find a good routing that i like i'll just use lower injen section for a SRI. Greatly appreciate the info!

Just cut a hole beside the rad and run the cold pipe right up the same way as the stock one. You could prob fab some custom rad brackets and keep the stock rad while deleting stock intercooler, or take the opportunity to upgrade to mishimotor or corksport rad. The metal around the rad and ac condensor is super soft and east to cut. I did mine with tinsnips and covered the edge with split vac line.
Shorter charge pipes and you can keep he neat tidy look of the injen intake. You can also run recirculated with the ingen. 5+ years of vta blow off in a daily driver gets old heh.

Latest posts

Back