Quality, easy to find 0w-20 options?

Look for coupons. I went to mine last week but they did not have any. No rain checks either. Next time grab it. With the unrest you know where you are better off stashing a few jugs. Probably better return than IRAs or your 401k.

I'm a firm believer in early oil chances unless it's specific break in oil like Honda uses.

When I did the 2 at 500 miles the oil had a lot of metal flake in it. It looked like metallic paint in the black pan.

When I bought my 2 the service guy told me not to worry about the oil till my first service at 5000. I got my service done about a month ago now and it feels and drives like it did when I drove it off the floor with 19 miles on it.

When I bought my 2 the service guy told me not to worry about the oil till my first service at 5000. I got my service done about a month ago now and it feels and drives like it did when I drove it off the floor with 19 miles on it.

+1 on this. Did my first oil change at 5k; no metal flakes, no performance difference.

For some reason, people get really weird and suspicious about break-in oil and what you're supposed to do. Instead of, "my cousin's friend's uncle told me that" it's now "some dude on the internet".

I just go by the book. 0w20 every 5k. I've been running Pennzoil Platinum, but it's not easy to find in 0w20 :\

guys, correct me if im wrong, but isn't 0w20 meant for performance engines with turbos and such?
Im just curious cuz me mum has an audi TT 1.8t and she is 0w20.

0w20 is a super "thin" oil. The reason why we have it in the 2 is for fuel economy purposes. The engine will have less friction due to the oil; therefore, less work is lost as heat = better fuel economy.

Since you idiots banned me before I did my last oil change:

duzzZ.png

FWIW: I just picked up Castrol Edge 0-20wt in a 5 qt package deal with a Bosch Long Distance filter at Advance Auto.

John

I just completed my first oil change with Pennzoil Platinum 0w-20 and a Bosch oil filter @ 5k miles. Wally World baby

I have only used mobil 1 0W-20. A lot of technicians say they are one of the better brands and I am very pleased with their oil, their filters are good too. I also get it because they carry it at Walmart and there is one within a minute of my house. It's about $6.50/qt. I noticed that Walmart has recently added Valvoline 0W-20 to their product offerings.

FWIW: I just picked up Castrol Edge 0-20wt in a 5 qt package deal with a Bosch Long Distance filter at Advance Auto.

John

On sale again until January 30.

From what I've read the K&N filters are pretty good.

Just beware of anything in orange.

John

I should be at 25k by the end of the month, so in early February I should have another UOA to post. Then I'll be getting close to needing an ATX fluid change.

Back