Protege 5 plugs and wires question.

Hi all Log time, I like to ask a question on this, I am having the same issue not power and miss firing.
So I am going to get the coils, NGK spark plug wires, and what spark plugs, car has 95,000 miles.
PREMIUMPLATINUM
VPOWER

get the regular copper NGK plugs for a 2001 1.6 engine. the 1.6 plugs have an entended tip which provide a slightly better ignition.

replace plugs and sea foamed the car. Coils are next. Lets see what happens. i hope it runs better after sea foaming the car..alot of white smoked came out for literally 15mins....have my fingers crossed. :(

replace plugs and sea foamed the car. Coils are next. Lets see what happens. i hope it runs better after sea foaming the car..alot of white smoked came out for literally 15mins....have my fingers crossed. :(

did you seafoam THEN replace plugs?

did you seafoam THEN replace plugs?

haha, i was going to ask the same question. you should will still be fine if you didn't, but it would have been better to replace plugs after seafoaming. some do it everytime, eventhough seafoam does not state you need to.

haha, i was going to ask the same question. you should will still be fine if you didn't, but it would have been better to replace plugs after seafoaming. some do it everytime, eventhough seafoam does not state you need to.

Seafoamed it the car runs abit more smoothly. It stills hesistate when picking up around 2-3k rpm. I dunno anymore sigh...My brother believes it maybe a bad egr valve.

Change the coils, plugs and wires.. i had the same issue with the idle..after the tune up it cleared up and smoothed out. Changing the coils is like a insurance that your cat won't be killed on the event of a misfire.

Change the coils, plugs and wires.. i had the same issue with the idle..after the tune up it cleared up and smoothed out. Changing the coils is like a insurance that your cat won't be killed on the event of a misfire.
How long after?

Now a question about sea-foam, I see people doing 2 diffrent ways dumping in the gas tank, and taking the vacuum house off the brake system and doing that way... What is the better way?

do both. sea foam in the tank will clean out the injectors and fuel system, sea foam in the brake booster line will clean out the intake manifold and ports. you can also add it to the crank case to clean out the oil passages.

do both. sea foam in the tank will clean out the injectors and fuel system, sea foam in the brake booster line will clean out the intake manifold and ports. you can also add it to the crank case to clean out the oil passages.

Both ways are acceptable but clean different things so I say do both. I don't put that s*** in my oil though, but that's just me.

Coils are next but presumably i'm thinking egr even though i cleaned it...It may just be faulty? Sigh i dunno and my engine stutters hard at first when engaging....Egr related? Hmm.... :(

So I did the coil spark plugs, and Plugs. But still I get a a ruff ideal, so you think it is the EGR ?

Most likely. I've done alot to it but still hesistates for some reason. The revving issue has been someone fixed abit. Doesn't idle low rpms anymore. My next thing is changing sperpentine belt, and if theres any pressure air leak..or w.e its called. Car drives abit better. WTF.. 500+ $ for some tires for my P5? :(

Back