ProScan OBD-II Scan Tool software

khoney

:
2007 Cosmic Blue MS3, 2018 CX-9 Signature
I ordered the scanner with software over a month ago, and have been trying to play around with it occasionally. I would not suggest that anyone purchase this for the Maxda 3 or MS3. Half of the parameters don't work, the display update rate is ridiculously slow, and the HP/Torque plot doesn't work. I'm not sure why this stuff doesn't work, since OBD-II is a standard protocol, and the PIDs that this tool reads are the same for every vehicle.

I'm writing my own program to access the ELM327 scanner, and I have no problem with reading all of the parameters and graphing them. Not sure why the supplied software sucks ass. Buyer beware...

More info on what's wrong. The PID list is divided into three sections - 1H-20H, 21H-40H, and 41H-60H. The scanner is getting the responses from all reported PIDs (i.e. the actual 'raw' ASCII responses that are displayed in the lower-right corner of the display) are correct and updating, but the actual formatted displays/graphs are only working for PIDs 1H-20H. Definitely some type of software problem.

well there you go!! i understood roughly half of that but it sounds like you know what the issues are at least!

Back