Proper 2020 CX-5 Jackpad?

Hello,

Went thru all the threds on the subject, still no joy finding a link / product for the proper jack pad for CX5. 2020.

Confirmed by the manual, the car needs to be lifted by the jackpad head contacting the underbody rail and NOT the pinch weld. Available adapters online (rubber and the ones with the.magnets) do not have slot deep enough to accomodate. The deepest one is 0.62 inches and was confirmed by another forum member as a perfect fit. Guess what, I ordered one, just arrived and NO, the slot depth 0.62 does not suffice. With it the car would be lifted against (point of contact bottom of the pinch weld) what contradicts the manual instructions and my intent to have the car repeateadly lifted safely and without bending the weld pinch.

For clarity, the subject here is not the personal past experiences "it is ok to lift on weld pinch". The subject is finding the proper tool for all 2020 CX5 owners to have for the vehicle lifting.

Many thanks.

I’m not certain what you mean here. My Manual clearly shows placing the jack across the pinch weld at the marked locations. IDC if you want to hear it or not, others might: I’ve jacked up my CX many times using both the factory and my floor jack on the pinch weld (BTW the factory jack does not touch the frame rail proper) without problems. The main concern is to ensure that the jack pad does not slip on the weld - I use a common universal rubber jack pad for safety. This isn‘t rocket science, don’t overthink it.

IMG_4086.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4087.jpeg
    IMG_4087.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 39
I’m not certain what you mean here. My Manual clearly shows placing the jack across the pinch weld at the marked locations. IDC if you want to hear it or not, others might: I’ve jacked up my CX many times using both the factory and my floor jack on the pinch weld (BTW the factory jack does not touch the frame rail proper) without problems. The main concern is to ensure that the jack pad does not slip on the weld - I use a common universal rubber jack pad for safety. This isn‘t rocket science, don’t overthink it.

View attachment 323589
There is no question about the jack placement. See the screenshot. Mazda CX5 2020 manual. You DO NOT lift on the pinch weld.

The OEM scissor jack does a perfect job contaning the pinch weld in the head slot, providing a protection from slipping / sliding agreed. However the pressure for the lifting lays against the inner portion of the underneath rail surface, not the weld pinch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231101_211737_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231101_211737_Chrome.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 57
Back