Floor Jack recommendations?

Digbicks1234

16.5 CX-5 Touring/2023 CX-9 Touring
Hey Guys,

I currently have a Harbor Freight Daytona 3-ton floor jack (maximum lift height: 20 inches) but I feel as if I have outgrown it as the height clearance is not enough for most of the work that needs to be done. I am leaning towards a few products below and I was wondering if anyone else had any other recommendations that I should consider.

Item Price (before tax)Pro'sCon's
Harbor Freight Daytona Super Duty + 6 Ton Floor Jack + Jack Pads$5001. Height Clearance: 23.75 inches
Cheaper than QJ 5000 TL
2. Easier to replace individual items
3. Tried and true
1. Need to jack vehicle up manually
QuickJack 5000TL$1,4001. Height Clearance: 24 inches
2. Hydraulic based and requires only the pinch welds.
1. Price
2. Each side is 78lbs.
QuickJack 7000TL$1,8001. Height Clearance: 27 inches 2. Hydraulic based and requires only the pinch welds.1. Price
2. Each side is 98 lbs.

A few factors for me, not sure if it would make a difference:
  • Depending on the task, I may leave the vehicle on top of the jack for a few days or a week if the parts do not arrive on time or if I do not finish the job on the same day.
  • I'm mostly doing DIY work but I do not like to be a contortionist and I would rather have the best clearance possible as often times, a torque wrench may barely fit underneath the vehicle for certain bolts/components.
  • Are there any products that are weather resistant? It's probably not possible but I've noticed that jack stands/floor jacks tend to rust up after a few days as they are exposed the rain even though they are painted.
I would definitely consider a garage lift if I had the capacity for that but it is not feasible for me. Let me know if I'm crazy but the 20 inches clearance isn't all that great in my opinion :)

Not 100% sure, but I think you might need the TLX version of the quick jack Due to length. I had been looking at the quick jack, but couldn’tpull the trigger based on the type of work I typically do (fluid changes, brakes, etc), stuff you can easily do with a jack and a couple of stands or some ramps,

My two jacks are both from HF. I have a 1.5T aluminum "racing" jack, and the big yellow 3T Super Duty.

I've pretty much outgrown them as well, but I'm going to be building a shop later this year, and I'm just going to get a 4 post lift. :D

If I was staying working in my garage, I'd be looking at some Quick Jacks. Home Depot often runs pretty good sales on them, just subscribe to their daily e-mails.

I personally think individual jacks and Jack stands would be more versatile than quick Jack. Quick Jack is only quick and easy once you align all 4 corners. Entry points limited to front or rear only if working beneath the car.

Thanks for the recommendations guys, I will most likely just get the HF one as it is the best for the price and versatility when the time comes.

Back