project: building a 300hp 2.0 (need help)

torque222

:
2003.5 mazdaspeed
the project i have started is building a new engine for my msp. i have a 2003.5 and it has 25000 miles on it. my engine now is great,modded and boosting 15psi.but i want to have a back up. i'm thinking of a t3/t4 turbo set up, every part needs to be high performance, could any of you help me out on quality parts? this project will be block and all..list any part you know personaly that is performance worthy. money is no problem, i mean everything in engine bay will be replaced..hardpipes, bov, pistons, rings, intercooler,etc.... any suggestions on parts i should use......... first time builder so keep that in mind.so remember the whole engine will be built and i need it to be made of quality parts..because i'm looking to hit 300hp or better...everyones 2 cents is welcome...thanks for the help

You should post this in the forced induction forum my friend. You will be slammed with posts and good info..Piece of advice, consult Kooldino, LinuxRacer, nick from MPi..good luck.

why not try the legendary svt focus engine drop? everyone speaks of it being possible but I've never heard of an actual protege that has one

SpicyMchaggis said:
You should post this in the forced induction forum my friend. You will be slammed with posts and good info..Piece of advice, consult Kooldino, LinuxRacer, nick from MPi..good luck.

linuxracr

i have a engine block, ill have to see if i can find it at the garage its stored at but i need to get it out of the way

torque222 said:
the project i have started is building a new engine for my msp. i have a 2003.5 and it has 25000 miles on it. my engine now is great,modded and boosting 15psi.but i want to have a back up. i'm thinking of a t3/t4 turbo set up, every part needs to be high performance, could any of you help me out on quality parts? this project will be block and all..list any part you know personaly that is performance worthy. money is no problem, i mean everything in engine bay will be replaced..hardpipes, bov, pistons, rings, intercooler,etc.... any suggestions on parts i should use......... first time builder so keep that in mind.so remember the whole engine will be built and i need it to be made of quality parts..because i'm looking to hit 300hp or better...everyones 2 cents is welcome...thanks for the help
We are already make 328whp with a very mild build in a MSP. It us running a reworked GT25 stock turbo and 15psi of boost. With what you are looking for do I see no problem making you a 400whp street car.

Thanks again

Later.........Nick

KYMP5 said:
i have a engine block, ill have to see if i can find it at the garage its stored at but i need to get it out of the way
how much do u want to the engine block??? is it a msp engine block or 1.8 engine block. let me know thx.

also i think a 1.8L would be better to turbo because of the shorter stroke, well so ive read at least. the block is the same like hi-pref said, the 2.0 just has a longer stroke. so are you just waiting for your motor to blow then replace it with the monster, or will you build the new motor and replace asap? either way money doesnt seem to be a issue so im glad to see your serious about a full build up, good luck!

jrodhotrod recently built up his car and is putting down 250+ whp on 91 octane. im sure after he completes his tuning, it should be over 300 with race gas

2.0 and 1.8 engine blocks are the same.

so wait a second, your telling me the 1.8l bp block is the same as a 2.0l FS ...so could I put a 2.0l head on a 1.8l block? Maybe then a gtx block could help keep the cost down...

night rider said:
also i think a 1.8L would be better to turbo because of the shorter stroke, well so ive read at least. the block is the same like hi-pref said, the 2.0 just has a longer stroke. so are you just waiting for your motor to blow then replace it with the monster, or will you build the new motor and replace asap? either way money doesnt seem to be a issue so im glad to see your serious about a full build up, good luck!
yes, i'm just gonna build and wait for my current engine to expire, don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with my current motor, i just want to build a bad ass engine so when i have to replace this one,the back up is there and so is the 300 + hp and not only that it will look good as well. right now i have turbosmart dual port bov, turboxs mbc, sumitt racing fpr, ngk iridium plugs, magnaflow exhaust, custom hardpipes, hybrid cold air intake, msd ignition, header, air/fuel wideband, greddy turbo timer, i have a few parts for my new engine stored away...fmic, i'm also gonna purchase another engine management. i want this one to be done right. 300 + hp with no strain on motor.. right now i boost 15psi, with my new set up, i want to be able to boost 20+ psi. i believe if its done right, i can put the car into low 12's or high 11's with no juice...well its my goal anyway...but with 11''s and 12's comes a small wallet. but hey, you have to pay to play. i'm in the process of taking pictures and i'll post asap. and tell me what yall think..oh and by the way..what is the biggest engine you think would fit in the msp...2.5 or maybe even a 3.0...with a few mods.

You wanna run 20+ psi? Start with some forged low compression pistons and H beam connecting rods. Then start looking for a metal gasket and some ARP studs and bolts. That should get you started with the block to handle the boost.

DOn't forget that with this horsepower, your drivetrain is going to need to be rebuilt aswell. IE. Axels, Tranny, gear ratios, tires, brakes would be a good idea too, you're talking alot of money my friend...so good luck, and keep us posted. Something to consider, if it's possible..is do something like diesel trucks do with their engines, and get sleeves inside the cylinder, so if you blow a rod or something, you can simply replace that single sleeve(without damage to block) and the single rod and if necasarry the piston aswell. I dunno if that would work or not, and it would make the cylinder size noticably smaller...so maybe not so much. But def. low comp. pistons, super strong rods, crank, cams, cam gears, valves and valve springs, intake mani, and throttle body, all exhaust components, plus a really good clutch, flywheel, gears, driveshafts etc....this is alot of work and money man. You'll need engine and fuel management, prolly bigger fuel pump and lines, injectors, upgraded ignition, and alot of guages to monitor(J&S safeguard to monitor Knock would be good too)...wow, so much stuff.

EDIT* someone correct me if/where I am wrong here....cause I may be wrong in some instances

wow, i dunno why everyone is suggesting ten thousand dollars worth of parts. build the motor and turbo system properly. tune it correctly and enjoy. there are smaller things to add/replace but 300hp isn't some insane goal....

Latest posts

Back