Problems after 626 IM install. Help!

Patrickenator

:
03 MSP, 08 MS3
So I finally got done (i thought) installing the 626 Intake Mani on my MSP and went to start it and it immediately revs to about 4000 RPMs and holds there for a good 5 or 6 seconds. Then it falls back to about 3500 and stays, and I kill the motor. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pat

Is your throttle cable caught or misaligned? Have you reset the ECU?

I did not reset the ecu. is it just touching the negative batt cable to the positive terminal? I think the throttle cable is not caught but i better check I had a hell of a time getting it off there - months ago....

Thanks for the ideas. I gotta run some errands but I'm going to mess with it later.

Has to be something obvious, it sounds like the cable is caught to me. Just unplug the neg terminal and turn the headlight switch on for a second. Then reconnect the battery after a few seconds/minutes.

You might need to readjust the cable to accommodate for any slight differences in size between the 626 and MSP IM's. I had something similar happen after I installed spacers under my IM and I fixed it by readjusting the cable.

You might need to readjust the cable to accommodate for any slight differences in size between the 626 and MSP IM's. I had something similar happen after I installed spacers under my IM and I fixed it by readjusting the cable.

dudes, its definitely the cable. I started her up. then reattached the master cylinder hose (yea...right?) and if i push the throttle cable to relieve tension I can get it down to a reasonable idle. So where is the best place to adjust the cable if it needs to come down a good 3k or 4k rpms? thanks for the support

Got er done. Throttle cable was just not centered. Thanks for the help good to not be driving the ram for a bit.

Back