Priority Mazda parts - shutting down

TBarney

'17 CX-5 AWD GT Prem. Original owner of 91 Miata.
:
Atlanta metro
Discussion over on the Miata.net forum: Tommy "the Parts Dood," who has been an aftermarket and OEM parts guy for the Miata and Mazda communities for decades, most recently at Priority Mazda, has called it a day.

Unfortunately, Priority Mazda didn't move to adequately replace him. And while he hung around for a while in an "advisor" role to allow them to get somebody trained up to take over their web parts business, they didn't do that. He finally told them "No more," and has left for good.

End result is that Priority Mazda is not currently taking online orders, and there is no definite word yet on if/when they will resume.

You can read about it here:
Done Done...and not a moment too soon!
Priority Mazda website shut down

Lately, I have found Gerald Mazda in Martinez, GA, at wholesalemazdaparts.com to have similar, if not slightly better, prices as Priority, with pretty good parts diagrams and responsive service. I've ordered CX-5 and Miata parts from them recently and talked with Nathan there regarding a back-order recently and got good vibes.

Have you compared
bamwholesaleparts.com to wholesalemazdaparts.com ?
wholesalemazdaparts seems to be slightly better price-wise for the CX-5 on a few things I just randomly checked, like a piece of fender trim and SG1 gear oil I recently ordered, but worse on bigger stuff like oil pumps or headlamps. Same with my 91 Miata; fasteners and trim cheaper but big stuff more. They're in my state, so I get things pretty quickly. But I'll definitely bookmark BAM Wholesale. Thanks.

Have you compared
bamwholesaleparts.com to wholesalemazdaparts.com ?
I got my 17" steel spare wheel from them at a great price including shipping - after "winning" multiple ebay auctions for 17" used wheels that turned out to be 18". I'd bought the tire already or I would have kept the 18.

I got my 17" steel spare wheel from them at a great price including shipping - after "winning" multiple ebay auctions for 17" used wheels that turned out to be 18". I'd bought the tire already or I would have kept the 18.

How much did you pay for the 17" spare wheel?

Did you use Bam or Wholesale?

I found a 17" rim on Bam for $311. TPMS sensors $70. So over $400 for the full sized spare

Last edited:
I usually go with Mazdaparts.org ( a Mazda dealer).
Their prices are not the lowest, but they offer free S&H for >$100 checkout. It might be a better deal depending on how much the SH is.
Just FYI.

BamWholesale Parts:

Full sized 17" rim is $311
TPMS Sensor $70
$381 + $40 shiping = $421

Back