Power Side Mirrors

Hello...new to this forum

I has a US spec 2019 Grand Touring Mazda CX-5, and shipped to Caribbean.

The mirrors says power but not actually power operated. I would like to purchase the necessary part to have the mirrors open when I unlock/start the vehicle & close when I shut off.

Can someone offer any suggestions.

Thanks,
JayJay

“Power” and “Power Folding” are different options. Power folding mirrors were available on the Grand Touring Reserve trim level. You might be able to retrofit, but would likely need both mirrors and interior switch replaced, but not sure if the GT will have the necessary wiring to be a plug and play conversion, so it could get tricky with wiring them up, possible relay/fuse, etc.

Yes, it's the power folding feature I would like to have.

Thanks for your comment.
Kirbster,
I asked the same question back in 2016 with my Mazda6. In US, power-folding option was not available. Only in other countries. I made a few international calls.... one technician was nice enough and explained to me what he thought was needed. A lot of part/wiring changes, basically. His opinion? Not worthy. No one knew how to do it or had done it. High risk on top of big $$$ spent.
(e.g. does software needs to be updated? not sure.)

Last edited:
Kirbster,
I asked the same question back in 2016 with my Mazda6. In US, power-folding option was not available. Only in other countries. I made a few international calls.... one technicians was nice enough and explained to me what he thought was needed. A lot of part/wiring changes, basically. His opinion? Not worthy. No one knew how to do it or had done it. High risk on top of big $$$ spent.
(e.g. does software needs to be updated? not sure.)
Ceric

Thank you. I'm getting the same response as well. Costly, wiring, etc. The individuals who I asked to switch it out says it can work but I'm having doubts bc he's been looking in to it for a few months now.
I want it bc someone walked into the my side mirror and damaged it. It's not motor, so I think that's my dilemma.

You said it was US spec? Interesting as I had a 2019 GT model and the mirrors folded on mine. I don't think that was a premium package option(mine had that too) but maybe it was? Does yours have ventilated front seats and a head-up display?

Hello..
No ventilated from seats or HUD. I didn't purchase directly from the dealer. I went through a Car Rental company, so I believe they only send them the basic trim.

Back