Power Driver Seat Programming

We have programed our 2021 CX-5 drivers seat to the wrong settings. I am trying to find out how to clear the current programming on the memory buttons on the seat and start over to do a new program. Can not find any information on this? The only thing I have heard is you disconnect the battery and that will clear the program.

This is from the online owners manual

8D06C9A2-60B7-4EEF-A83D-0986E4D63B1A.png

I tried that . It erases the command between the key fob and the seat but does not erase the command when you push the 1 or 2 button on the seat. I need to erase that command when you press the 1 or 2 button on the seat.

Can’t you just follow the programming steps again with the seat set in desired position? The only other thing the manual says is, like you mentioned, if the battery gets disconnected the memory positions will be lost.

The problem is I need to move the seat further away from the steering wheel. The current programming is not allowing me to even manually over ride the setting to move the seat back. It will not go back any further than its programed position. I confirmed there was nothing behind the seat blocking it from going back. I had this issue in my Lexus but was able to delete the program and reset it. I am unsure what other info or settings I will lose by disconnecting the battery?

That doesn’t seem right…you should still be able to adjust the seat despite programming. Did you check under the seat and in the seat rails to make sure nothing is blocking the seat? It only takes a small object in one seat rail to stop a seat from sliding. Also, assuming that there is no blockage, I suppose it could be possible that the seat position is tying into the key you’re using. Have you tried to erase the memory to fob association? Have you tried to adjust the seat with the secondary fob at all?

I will take another look under the seat with a flashlight. And I will try with the second fob. But you should be able to adjust the seat without the fob. As I said I had this problem with my Lexus but I could erase the original programming and start over. Also the difference I could manually move the seat with the seat adjusters in the Lexus. Hear once the the seat is established by the program the individual seat adjusters are inoperable.
Oh well I try some more things tomorrow as it does not make sense.

Here once the the seat is established by the program, the individual seat adjusters are inoperable.
That makes no sense at all.
Doesn't matter what position you have your seats programmed to, or what button (1 or 2) that you used to program it, you should be able to adjust/move your seat at any time, even while driving.
I move my seat all the time, especially on a long drive, just to alleviate saddle soreness.
The one thing you can't do however, is program the buttons while driving. You need to do that with the car stopped and in park. The seat should then be moved to whatever setting you prefer, and then you just hit set,1, or set, 2, whatever one you want.
Also fyi, programming the fob for the seat position is a separate function. The fob programming is not tied into the button(s) programming.
All this to say that, if the seat won't move using the levers on the side of the seat, (regardless of the button settings), then you need to see the dealer. Seat adjustment should always be available.

That makes no sense at all.
Doesn't matter what position you have your seats programmed to, or what button (1 or 2) that you used to program it, you should be able to adjust/move your seat at any time, even while driving.
I move my seat all the time, especially on a long drive, just to alleviate saddle soreness.
The one thing you can't do however, is program the buttons while driving. You need to do that with the car stopped and in park. The seat should then be moved to whatever setting you prefer, and then you just hit set,1, or set, 2, whatever one you want.
Also fyi, programming the fob for the seat position is a separate function. The fob programming is not tied into the button(s) programming.
All this to say that, if the seat won't move using the levers on the side of the seat, (regardless of the button settings), then you need to see the dealer. Seat adjustment should always be available.
You are correct. Everything you say makes common sense. As I said I did not see anything blocking the seat movement but I will take a closer look tomorrow. Unfortunately the dealer I purchased the car from is 75 miles from where I live and was hoping to avoid a trip up there. Thought maybe it was something simple to do with the technology that someone else had experienced a similar issue.

Thanks

You don’t need to go to the dealer you purchased from for service. Any Mazda dealer can support your car for warranty service, so if you have another dealer closer, you can go there. Most will be more than happy to try to take your service business away from where you purchased, especially for warranty work because they are reimbursed by Mazda for warranty work performed.

You don’t need to go to the dealer you purchased from for service. Any Mazda dealer can support your car for warranty service, so if you have another dealer closer, you can go there. Most will be more than happy to try to take your service business away from where you purchased, especially for warranty work because they are reimbursed by Mazda for warranty work performed.
Thanks

My CX-5 is as others have described—the seat adjustments are always functional and can always override the programmed settings, as has been the case with every car I’ve owned which had seat memory. Frankly, no other method of operation makes sense and would have to be a bug.

As an experiment, you could select the other memory and see how far back the seat goes (if, let’s say, it’s set to go back further) and also check if the seat controls can override the other memory setting. If it can’t, there is definitely something amiss. How would you ever be able to accomodate another driver who didn’t have a memory setting, or adjust your setting to accomodate a small adjustment such as wearing a heavy coat or whatever?

Back