Potential Scammer: SavagePk

Hi all, wanted to pass on my experience with SavagePK, aka Gamalier Cumba.

This concerns parts for a mazdaspeed protege. Bottom Line Up Front: DO NOT USE CASH APP, especially with someone who is outside arms reach. IF YOU DO, you have 3 days before the transaction is completed and can cancel the transfer. Make the stipulation that they must ship this item within 2 days or you will pull the transaction!

He was selling the Haltech Elite 1500 here a couple weeks ago. His post stated that somehow USPS mailed him 2 Haltech Elite 1500s, and hence he was selling this for a deep discount. First red flag, these ECUs are about $1,500 each, one does not simply get a second one mailed to them! He offered to sell to me for $800, which eventually I agreed to pay. He agreed to using paypal, though wanted me to send the money using the friends and gifts category instead of services and goods. He stated that he wanted to go this route because that way that there are no fees. Well I declined since there is no buyers protection unless you use the services and goods category. He agreed so I sent him the money using goods and services and he immediately flipped out about paying the $25 in fees and the 31 day hold on the transfer. Second Red Flag, but understanding that when you sell things sometimes you need the money now. He immediately refunded me my money and suggested to use the cash app. When I was hesitant about sending the money, he offered to sell me a turbo kit (pope exhaust, DP and upgraded GT turbo) for $700 with FREE shipping. He sent me pictures (with out a sign showing the date and name!) and it all looked good. Third red flag here. His communication was good so far, so i decided to trust this guy and send him $1,500 through cash app.

The following day, he states that he would take the stuff to UPS to ship. He didn't, and I had to text him the next day. Said he was on his way to UPS, and later provided me with a bogus tracking number. The next few days he stated that he was trying to call UPS and that it was a valid tracking, eventually stating that he was going to go to the store and take care of it. Couple more days go by, no tracking, no receipt that items were shipped. When I informed him that this was a scam and I wanted my money back, he stated that he got the items shipped out and had to "overnight them" which cost him over $100, due to some issue at the UPS store. Still no tracking, still no receipt. 3 days later, I have not received the items, and likely never will.

I will update this thread if somehow he refunds my money.

Thanks for informing the Community about this, @NCspeed.

NCspeed had contacted me earlier via PM and afterwards I sent a PM to @SavagePk informing him of the claim and that if he did not resolve this issue by Friday, he would be issued a "Potential Scammer" badge. Unfortunately no resolution has happened yet so the badge has been issued.

Please do keep us updated and if anyone knows Savage or can help resolve this, let us know, thanks.

Ps...I changed the new thread prompt for our For Sale / Classifieds and Want To Buy / Trade Forums to warn everyone NOT to use a cash app. The prompt is designed to fit within one line on mobile and reads..."Need Pics with Sign, No cash apps!".

Back