Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

Attachments

• 928E6F17-C465-44E7-8C02-E89B25DDE77F.jpeg
    928E6F17-C465-44E7-8C02-E89B25DDE77F.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 249

This ebay listing look so much like the oem Mazda Europe lip kit. Should be aftermarket.

I provided my local stealership with the EU front lip part number and it didn’t even pop up in their system 👎🏻
Aftermarket? This looks very similar to Europe Mazda lip kit. I bet they just took photos of the oem one and just posted on ebay lol

Added this cheap button cover from amazon. I think I'd prefer plain red rather than carbon fiber red :unsure:

August,25,2022,02’47’25PM.png

There's lot of trim pieces I would like that I would prefer in plain black, red, whatever, but theyonly come in carbon fiber, bleh.

There's lot of trim pieces I would like that I would prefer in plain black, red, whatever, but theyonly come in carbon fiber, bleh.
Yea whats up with that? They think everyone loves carbon fiber...

Last edited:
Just providing a 3 year update (39 month to be exact) on my lighting accessories. Here’s some pics of the rear bumper LED lights (in place of the OEM reflectors) and the lower front bumper led switchbacks (two rows of LEDs, but the photo doesn’t show that distinction).

One of my more enjoyable aesthetic add-ons. No issues since the day I installed them and look good as new.

Attachments

• AC445D05-55D3-4E00-8D62-0946AA837211.jpeg
    AC445D05-55D3-4E00-8D62-0946AA837211.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 68EA6BAB-D8D2-4D39-A9E9-94E78813A292.jpeg
    68EA6BAB-D8D2-4D39-A9E9-94E78813A292.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 142
One of my more enjoyable aesthetic add-ons. No issues since the day I installed them and look good as new.
I've been flirting with these two mods for a long time now but never had the time to do them. For the tail light's I've been watching some youtube videos and it seems fairly easy to do it but the front led strips seem a bit complicated. My understanding is that you need to remove the front bumper and it requires time and effort. Did you remove it or did you find an easier way? I've read somewhere, can;t remember where, that it is possible to do it from underneath. And one last thing: where did you get the kits from?

Here’s the kits I am using:

You don’t have to remove the bumper at all. I simply unclipped the plastic shield under the front bumper and worked through that gap (I put the front of the car up on rhino ramps). It was a bit tight but very manageable.

Then I used a straightened wire coat hanger to fish the wires from the lights up through the engine bay and routed the wires cleanly and zip tied as needed.

It maybe took an hour or so…

Last edited:
I've been flirting with these two mods for a long time now but never had the time to do them. For the tail light's I've been watching some youtube videos and it seems fairly easy to do it but the front led strips seem a bit complicated. My understanding is that you need to remove the front bumper and it requires time and effort. Did you remove it or did you find an easier way? I've read somewhere, can;t remember where, that it is possible to do it from underneath. And one last thing: where did you get the kits from?
Can you provide links to the youtube videos? Looking to do this in the near future

Anyone have lip kits installed on 2nd gen cx-5? I am looking at the stock Mazda European ones but its not avail in US

This company based in Japan sells that lip kit. They are legit, I've purchased a couple parts from them before, not cheap though.

Also available on this site which is legit as well...

Last edited:
Back