Post pics of your Mazda5

I've heard Mazda paint sucks. I have a TON of chips in my hood. I've owned a handful of cars and never seen anything like this.

We can confirm it (argh). Luckily none of my cars have chips in the hood, but this past Winter I had to pass a truck salting the road and got a big chip on one of the sliders... WTF?

We can confirm it (argh). Luckily none of my cars have chips in the hood, but this past Winter I had to pass a truck salting the road and got a big chip on one of the sliders... WTF?

add a bug deflector your thank me next time you look at your hood

I really want a bug deflector, but I'm in Cali so the dealers don't sell em...looking online but I'm not too sure about the aftermarket ones. Well
here's my wife's 5, she's gonna be mad at me when she get back from Japan...still have to put on my rear lip, but washed it today and had the camera ready.(friday)

Attachments

• mazda5 082.JPG
    mazda5 082.JPG
    281.9 KB · Views: 719
  • mazda5 084.JPG
    mazda5 084.JPG
    335.9 KB · Views: 700
  • mazda5 089.JPG
    mazda5 089.JPG
    278.4 KB · Views: 662
  • mazda5 085.JPG
    mazda5 085.JPG
    260.8 KB · Views: 833
Last edited:
I really want a bug deflector, but I'm in Cali so the dealers don't sell em...looking online but I'm not too sure about the aftermarket ones. Well
here's my wife's 5, she's gonna be mad at me when she get back from Japan...still have to put on my rear lip, but washed it today and had the camera ready.(friday)

hey tillyspeed81 looking good can't wait to see what looks like with the rear lip.LIKE the fogs but no bug deflector (puke) sorry just don't like them

thanks, when my wife left it looked like this....(idhitit)

this is what happens when you go to Japan and leave your husband home alone for 3 months....she's never gonna go anywhere again after this....:eek:

I haven't eaten in weeks, but the cars have been washed....

Attachments

• april09 082.JPG
    april09 082.JPG
    284.7 KB · Views: 481
  • mazda5 087.JPG
    mazda5 087.JPG
    295.8 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:
yeah, but the front is getting chipped up like crazy, I might still just bite the bullet and spring for a clear bra.

hey tillyspeed81 looking good can't wait to see what looks like with the rear lip.LIKE the fogs but no bug deflector (puke) sorry just don't like them

has anyone heard of that ceramic clear coat? It's supposed to protect the paint too, I got an offer from a company to do it if they can use my car in their add. The guy said its safe for the car and won't fade or turn yellow.(2thumbs) Is this new, does it protect the paint or does it just make the car shiny? are there any pros-cons vs the clear bra?

Added the Bayson-R JS front lip

I took off my Bayson front splitter that I had on for the past little while and added the JS front lip.
Not sure if I'm totally digging it, but I'll run it for the summer anyways. It looks good with the rear wings I have on the bumper. Better balanced I think.
Oh yeah...I live in Calgary so it's still Winter here......Can't wait to put on my summer wheels...
What do you guys think?
Anthony

Attachments

• IMGP5153.JPG
    IMGP5153.JPG
    234.1 KB · Views: 504
  • IMGP5159.JPG
    IMGP5159.JPG
    240.2 KB · Views: 440
  • IMGP5157.JPG
    IMGP5157.JPG
    310.3 KB · Views: 415
  • IMGP5154.JPG
    IMGP5154.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 491
I took off my Bayson front splitter that I had on for the past little while and added the JS front lip.
Not sure if I'm totally digging it, but I'll run it for the summer anyways. It looks good with the rear wings I have on the bumper. Better balanced I think.
Oh yeah...I live in Calgary so it's still Winter here......Can't wait to put on my summer wheels...
What do you guys think?
Anthony

Are those icicles on the MPV?(boom08)
I think I still liked yours with the splitter. Hows is the fitment on the JS? Someone said it didn't fit very well, but your's looks fine....

the clear bra is asome if put on right .im thinking of geting one instaled on my 5 befor this winter .i had a bra full front nose dit not like at all did not fit tight seen a fue cars come in my shop with clear bra on them and seems to work and still leavs car looking nice

Are those icicles on the MPV?(boom08)
I think I still liked yours with the splitter. Hows is the fitment on the JS? Someone said it didn't fit very well, but your's looks fine....

Yup....that's icicles on the MPV alright....It's Calgary so this is normal.
I also prefer the splitter but will run this lip for the summer. The look grows on you after a while. I guess it's different to everything else out there so it takes some getting used to. Kinda like when I went with the splitter 2 years ago, that also took some getting used to. It actually fit really well and lined up perfectly...no issues there.

What do you guys think?
Anthony

Looks good. Maybe I should mount my lip although I perfer the splitter.

^^I think it looks good. Are you just on H&R springs?

Yup, I'm running H&Rs with the stock struts. Be on the car for > 2 years with about 40K now with no problems or regrets. Here's another look at the lip, and yeah, that's snow on the ground.....
Anthony

Attachments

• IMGP5160.JPG
    IMGP5160.JPG
    240.3 KB · Views: 387
OMG...snow!!!real snow???....
LOL I live in sunny Cali so I've never in my life seen icicles on anything and possibly real snow (most of what i've seen is sprayed) The closest thing was the LED icicles they had on the trees at Staples center....during Christmas...haha
What rear lip is that?

Last edited:
OMG...snow!!!real snow???....
LOL I live in sunny Cali so I've never in my life seen icicles on anything and possibly real snow (most of what i've seen is sprayed) The closest thing was the LED icicles they had on the trees at Staples center....during Christmas...haha
What rear lip is that?

It's not a full rear lip. It's two pieces/wings that go on either side of the rear bumper and don't wrap around the full back. I'll post a pic of them from the back so you can see it better than I can explain. Again, like the JS lip....it's a different mod.
Anthony

Yup, I'm running H&Rs with the stock struts. Be on the car for > 2 years with about 40K now with no problems or regrets. Here's another look at the lip, and yeah, that's snow on the ground.....
Anthony

Those H&R's look good. Good drop with a little rake. Are the Mazda 5 specific, or are they 3 springs?

Back